Found my limits on the r5 1500x. sort of win.

robAP

I'm late to the Ryzen party, but this is the stop gap upgrade chip. I'm waiting for the 3k series ryzen which, for me, will be the 8 core and the one lasting the next 8 years+. In the meantime, I thought I'd see what I can do with this.

apparently [email protected] vCore is the sweet spot.1.3625 seems to work well @ 4.0 on cinebench. I'll try to adjust down a little bit towards that once I'm guaranteed stability.

Getting 4.1 is lots more voltage, takes 1.425, and [email protected] freezes cinebench. So if i want 4.1 for a daily oc I would have to fry it.

So I guess I sort of win a lottery here. I'll play with the memory timings and see if i can run 3466@3200 timings with the samsung b-die i have. That might really fine tune things.

Temps? Using the Corsair H115i platinum RGB pro thing, the one with colors over performance, and see 70c at about 60% fans. If I go 100%, it's loud and only 2-3 deg better.

• 4 months later...

Glad you got some good results. Anything is better then running at stuck at stock. I wonder, what kind of performance increase in benches are you looking at in percentage? 

Also if you are looking for better results going to a triple radiator setup or going full custom will provide some improvement with a bit less noise. 

something over 15% I think is what I saw. All my notes kinda got thrown out. Were I to do it again I might have opted for the 2600G and run the 1070 through the APU and out the onboard HDMI to attach freesync to the output. I would have had a decent OC as well on that to not quite what I have now but close enough to accomplish the upgrade goal. I'm curious to see what APU ryzen 3 chips will be like.

We all are looking forward to ryzen 3. AMD has been swinging it pretty hard lately. 

I am just curious if Intel is gonna get the CPU shortage over with and start coming out with a newer arc here soon. 

And their GPU rumors.... I hope come true. 

• 3 months later...