is 2070 RTX worth it?

Gremlin

First off whats the diff between Founders edition and a regular card?

Is 2070 RTX worth it? I have a 970 and have been using it for 4 years with 1 year warranty left. Is it worth getting the 2070? I cannot afford a 2080 TI unless I win the lottery :P I will not be using SLI

Hearing users on the net saying, card is way overpriced for not being able to SLI  for example. 

Anyone bought the card yet? Your thoughts?

The Founders Edition cards are the NVIDIA built cards that follow their design specifications. Basically their take on what a high end card should be. 

Now as to whether it is worth the price. That is up to you. Now the fact that you cannot run SLI with this card is a downer. My guess is that they made the decision to not cannibalize their upper performance space. But for $499 (FE Cards are $599) you will see a huge upswing in performance compared to your GTX 970. 

The key here is what resolution do you game at? 1080 or 1440 are perfect for the RTX 2070.  

Both JayzTwoCents and Gamers Nexus say the 2070 is at a better price point than the 2080.

Does it have the 2080 power? No, Can it SLI? No

But for those on a budget is a very well priced card and works very well.

GTX 1070 is 57% 1440P performance gain over GTX 970. The RTX 2070 is ahead of the GTX 1070 reference-to-reference around 35% and 36% at 1440P and 4K, respectively. 

RTX 2070 Founders Edition is a vary capable card. It has decent overclocking potential, it runs quiet, and temperatures under load are acceptable. 

Is the RTX 2070 worth it?,.. sure especially if your upgrading from GTX 970.

Plus you will get to tinker around with ray tracing someday,.. as the RTX 2070 is the only graphics card with real-time ray-tracing that's anywhere close to being reasonably affordable.  

Edited by Braegnok

2070 cant do SLI FYI (no fingers). I was reading the 2080Ti struggles with ray tracing at 1080p. Im hoping thats "leak" info is just bs because it will be a super let down. However ray tracing takes some seriously balls, so im a half believer.

When they get all the bugs worked out and games that support ray-tracing are released,.. there will be settings, not just ON or OFF as it is currently. 

With just on or off your right,.. ray-tracing takes some huge balls, and an entry level card would not be able to use it,..  :lol:

Edited by Braegnok