Sign in to follow this  
ziphnor

Purple artifacts ONLY in VRMark Cyan Room

I just bought a (slightly used) GTX 1080TI, more specifically Gigabyte Auros 1080TI extreme. I have been playing a bit with it and everything was fine. I tried a bit of OC. Once i found something stable (as in Furmark stable) i went to re-run some benchmarks. I noticed that VRMark Cyan Room showed some weird artifacts. Half of the top part of the screen has some purple lines (see  attached screenshot). I tried reverting my OC, but it persisted. So i underclocked, and it still persisted.

If i use another AA than CSAA it goes away, but other VR mark tests with CSAA run fine, and i cannot see any problems in any 3d mark benchmark or in Furmark.

I am trying to understand if this is a software or hardware issue, any ideas are appreciated.

post-144704-0-94877900-1539102300_thumb.png

Edited by ziphnor

The same thing is happening to me with two 1080FE cards in SLI and driver version 416.16

Must be drivers 'cause everything gaming is happening well here.

Just to be clear its VRMark where it happens and only with CSAA. I have not been able to spot any other problems at all after playing a bit of actual VR gaming and running 3dmark stress tests, OCCT, gpu mem tests, etc. I guess it probably is a driver thing then. I won't downgrade because it only affects this benchmark, i was just afraid i messed up the card somehow.