Looking For A 64 Bit Amd Mobo

I've been very pleased with my Albatron K8X800 Pro II. The 7.1/24-bit sound is incredible, it looks very nice, and has lots of overclocking options. You can change the voltages of the cpu, ram, northbride, southbridge, hypertransport, and agp. :blink: They covered everything. It also has dual-bios, SATA, and the other usual stuff like that.

I haven't used any other A64 boards, but I can't imagine that many would be any better than this one. This board is for the Athlon 64, btw. I don't think there is a version for the fx/opteron.

I've got the gigabyte GA-K8VNXP k8t800 mobo for my athlon64 3200+

If you're looking for a solid board with a host of extras at your fingertips i'd recommend it, however if you're planning on overclocking then don't go there. All the bios allows you to change is the cpu/agp/dimm voltage and the FSB speed. Nothing else, the bios does seem a tad bare.

In regards to the cpu, the 64 3200+ is cheap as chips these days, and its fast, but if you can spare the extra cash then go for the 3400+ which rivals the FX-51 in pretty much everything it does.

I've got the gigabyte GA-K8VNXP k8t800 mobo for my athlon64 3200+

If you're looking for a solid board with a host of extras at your fingertips i'd recommend it, however if you're planning on overclocking then don't go there. All the bios allows you to change is the cpu/agp/dimm voltage and the FSB speed. Nothing else, the bios does seem a tad bare.

In regards to the cpu, the 64 3200+ is cheap as chips these days, and its fast, but if you can spare the extra cash then go for the 3400+ which rivals the FX-51 in pretty much everything it does.

:withstupid:

I agree totally I have the same board