MAD MAX Tribute PC Case Mod & Build

I still need to take some photos of the workshop, but this is for whoever asked if I keep the factory fans I remove from cases... This is just personal inventory at the workshop 

factory-pc-fan-collection-drawers-mnpcte

• Like 1

I'm ditching the scoop on the scale V8 and making the Scott Superslot fuel injector scoop from Max's V8. I started by makingthe top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping. I ditched that idea and made another bottom half from 20 gauge sheet metal. Which reminded me I really need a new bending brake. The two pieces are joined together with Scotchweld DP-190 epoxy. I need to make the base next, and maybe add the fuel lines.

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-1.jpg?

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-one.jp

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-FIVE.j

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-FOUR.j

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-six.jp

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-nine.j

make-mad-max-V8-scoop-scale-model-eight.

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the lack of updates. I've had to start another project build for a client. Paying gigs keep the lights on, so Max will need to temporarily park the Falcon. I may bring it out and share a new update for mental break if time allows. I will be starting a worklog for this new build once the NDA is lifted, I think it will be a real spectacle once it's finished.

• Like 1

My apologies for the lack of updates. I've had to start another project build for a client. Paying gigs keep the lights on, so Max will need to temporarily park the Falcon

Really hope you'll get around to finishing this, I like the idea so much I've been checking the thread every time there was an update

• 2 months later...

I started by makingthe top and bottom portions from acrylic, but getting the 45 angle degree bend from acrylic is "challenging" without the acrylic warping.

The use of a hot air gun to bend that small plastic when your heat is generally applied over the surface is going to fail to make those straight line bends.

You would benefit from an electric resistance wire device that is used to bend acrylic.  I used one in shop class back in the day.

I am sure you would put it to good use.  Alright motor turns!