MAD MAX Tribute PC Case Mod & Build

fkHivoM.jpg

Welcome! Thanks for checking out my tribute to Mad Max & his Interceptor build log. This is one of my Bucket list theme PC builds. My mother brought me to the premiere of The Road Warrior movie and I've been fan of this world ever since. This will be a modified desktop PC with liquid cooling. Inspired by visual elements of Max's Interceptor and the Mad Max World. ...and maybe Fury Road. There shall be rust and maybe even a Detonator attached to the PC? (lol). I'll be sharing highlights of it's progression stages, including video clip links as I move along in this thread. I have a basic idea of what PC hardware components will occupy this mad max inspired PC (motherboard, CPU, DDR, GPU, SSD, PSU) The case is an Enermax Equlilence they donated to me last year.  If you've followed my past personal builds, I like to find good deals on hardware whenever possible I do plan to fabricate the liquid cooling lines from 361 marine grade stainless tubing. No idea what brand of CPU & GPU water blocks, radiators and fittings I'll use yet. 

Enermax-EQUILENCE-Silent-TG-Tempered-Gla

enermax-Equilence-gaming-pc-computex-cas

The case is the Enermax Equilence I was given. It sorta looks like a Fractal Case, but without any of the well thought out features. 

I apologize in advance if you're expecting me to pose a Mad Max action figure inside the case (haha). The Interceptor's V8 feels more appropriate. The scale Ford engine I'm using is by LIBERTY Classics, http://www.libertyclassics.com/

I've added motorized shaft to spin the supercharger belt, you can watch it here, https://twitter.com/Mnpctech/status/992023385818492928

I've modified the supercharger pulleys with larger plates to keep the belt from rolling off.

I will be fabricating a new engine scoop to emulate Max's Scott Injector Scoop and painting everything dark grey.

Thank you!

If anyone's interested, my DIY guide on using hole saw to improve airflow in a plastic PC bezel,

I cut this opening in the Equilence bezel with a Jigsaw. 

enermax-Equilence-case-mod-mnpctech.jpg

mod-mesh-grill-hex-sheets-cheap.jpg

mod-mesh-grill-enermax-Equilence-case-mn

mesh-sheet-grill-hex-hexagon-honeycomb-a
Edited by mnpctech
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Back in workshop yesterday for progress on my Mad Max / Road Warrior / Fury Road tribute PC build. I've decided to locate the V8 to the top panel. I'm going to mock up a 120mm slim radiator to see how it looks in front of the V8 engine and bezel. Hmm, on 2nd thought, maybe a 80mm radiator would be better scale? I still need to fabricate the proper diamond blower for the engine. The Enermax Equilence case lacks a vertical GPU mount, so I've modified the chassis for this compact ITX/MATX vertical GPU bracket, goo.gl/XGejK1 It's mounted on aluminum diamond plate, painted matte black.

mad-max-fury-road-scale-falcon-XB.jpg?15

mad-max-pc-mod-scale-V8-engine-falcon-xb

milwaukee-jigsaw-review-2018.jpg?1528717

compact-vertical-video-card-pc-case-moun

mad-max-pc-mod-vertical-gpu-video-card-m

make-vertical-gpu-mount-bracket-cheap.jp

That's location for the GPU with this do-it-yourself vertical mount. The final GPU will have water block. 

mad-max-ford-falcon-xb-rear-fuel-tanks.j

Next stage is modifying the top rear portion of the Enermax Equilence case to hold two water reservoirs to emulate the rear fuel tanks on the falcon XB.

Thanks guys! Do you recall the Red pull switch on Max's stick shift for his Supercharger? I thought it would be fun to somehow implement it into my Mad Max tribute build. The switch is used in commercial vehicles for controlling a two-speed axle assembly. I found it on Ebay as Cole Hersee part number 50036-BX. 

Mad-Max-supercharger-Cole-Hersee-switch-

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a really awesome find Braegnok!!

Black Ice 80mm Nemesis GTX allows options for different compression fittings, versus the pre-made ports. I've mounted the classic aluminum framed Evercool 80mm fan. I'll probably paint the fan dark grey. 

80mm-pc-watercool-radiator-alphacool-har

I'm going to cut the top panel again and rotate the 80mm radiator 90 degrees, so the radiator is no longer protruding so high. I stumbled upon this hydraulic shock in my junk drawer and used it as support for the scale engine. I may replace it with something else if/when it feels right. btw, the supercharger in the movie could be turned on and off via an electrical switch, which isnt true in reality. They elevated the supercharger upon brackets over the engine with an electric motor, haha. The photo below illustrates the same electric supercharger setup as the movie. 

mad-max-case-mod-shock-absorber.jpg?1530

mad-max-fake-electric-supercharger-setup

• Like 1