Everything Cryptocurrency Thread!

ir_cow

The results i've seen for the Titan V for Equilhash is 1000Sol/s @150 and 1300Sol/s OCed to hell. 82MH/s for Ethash. Thats just using the CUDA side. Once someone programs the Tensor cores, I think it will be a whole new ballgame of what the "best" is to mine. So if the Ampere GPU is just a Votla with the Tensor cut out than the Titan XA/2080Ti will get similar results. But until than probably the first round of video cards (2070, etc) won't be any better than the 1080Ti.

This is in reference to a question that was posted in the folding thread, I don't remember where but I think it came from ir_cow. Also, you guys may have already found an answer and probably don't care.

In case you are still curious and don't know, LTB coin (that weird coin that showed up in our counterparty wallets). It's Let's Talk Bitcoins token they use as an internal rewards system.

I don't know why any of us received the token, but it has been used in games in the past..., so maybe they had some event going that involved folding in some way.

Need to pm the OP on folding forum, offer to buy one of his cards with some bitcoin,.. seeing as his rig will not run both in SLI at x16.  :lol:

LOL! 

2.2M PPD is huge. But needs linux to get 1.7m PPD on 9400 series WU's. 

So I didn't a bunch of reading of the last few days and came to the conclusion that both BTC and BCC has serious issues. Most notable is the spiral death syndrome where basically if the value goes down far enough the incentive to mine for that coins is lost. And if the next block isn't mined than the ledger which transactions on it cannot be created (see video in first post). Now you have hundreds of thousands of people trying to move these coins before they can't anymore causing more chaos. I konw BCC is on the rise right now as big mining groups jump off BTC due to lack of fork in November. Which makes sense, these people see the same problem and think BCC is the answer. It is only because the ledger is larger allowing for more transactions per block. However this is not the solution because eventually the exact same problem will happen.

So to wrap things up, I started to look at what other coins had to offer long term. I realized half the coins I liked could only be traded for BTC on the exchanges, which still leads the same problem. If BTC tanks, than those alt-coins are kinda worthless. I decided to transfer all my BTC assets into DASH. I'm not trying to market the coin, but DASH has major things going for it and is completely scalable long term. In fact if BTC makes a major comeback, I lose thousands in profits, but the opposite could very well happen and I would be at zero. DASH was originally marketed as the dark web / black market coin. While the team now tries to distant themselves from those markets, that was essentially the only reason DASH grew up and ever was noticed. There will always be illegal markets where money can be made. But now it has a bigger audience, DASH can be used for normal sales.  The only downsides of DASH I can find is that most likely it will never be worth $25,000 a coin and no site like Coinbase exists for trade it out. You still have to use some exchange. The big upside is even if one coin tanks, mostly all the exchanges now has Ethereum, Monero and Litecoin to DASH. So you don't have to relay on BTC staying afloat.

Ethereum would be my second choice but the biggest flaw is that the coin supply is infinite. It also will never be worth a lot because there is a infinite amount of coins. Also the name isn't very marketable, no one can properly say the name. And when selling a product, the name is half the battle.

Vertcoin was my third option, however is has the same flaws as Litecoin and no site offers trade or USD (yet).

https://cointelegraph.com/news/how-close-did-bitcoin-get-to-disastrous-chain-death-spiral

I'v been mining Litecoin for about three weeks,.. and have been exchanging it directly for USD via my PayPal account,.. I have a PayPal debit card so can pay anywhere VISA is accepted or use any ATM for cash. https://www.bestchange.com/litecoin-to-paypal-usd.html

How's the asic mining working out for you?

Also, thanks for the best change link.., i had never heard of it.

• ir_cow locked this topic