Everything Cryptocurrency Thread!

ir_cow

Usually seeing about 1460 Sol/s for 2 GTX 1080 Ti's. It goes up and down a little bit but is fairly consistent at the 1460 range.  My Titan X cards are in the 415 range each while the 1080 is 550 and the 1070 is 450ish. 

I bought 2 1070 Ti the other day and man do these rock equilhash. 500Sol/s @ 150watts. I'm tempted to sell my 1080ti cards and buy a bunch of these. They run cooler and are cheaper per watt.

I bought 2 1070 Ti the other day and man do these rock equilhash. 500Sol/s @ 150watts. I'm tempted to sell my 1080ti cards and buy a bunch of these. They run cooler and are cheaper per watt.

If you don't ever plan going back to folding this wouldn't be a bad idea. (Assuming you can sell them for close to what you paid) The 1080ti makes a big difference at folding, but not so much at these other hashing algs.

It's the GDDR5 memory vs GDDR5X memory,.. GDDR5 is much better at ETH mining due to memory latency. The 1070Ti cards have GDDR5 memory. 

I was surprised when my R9 390 cards were producing same or just under hash rates as my 1080Ti cards,.. so I did some research and found out about the GDDR5 memory being much better for ETH mining.  http://www.legitreviews.com/best-gpu-ethereum-mining-nvidia-amd-tested_195229

The overclocked R9 390's and R9 295X2 cards draw a shit ton of wattage at the wall, run vary hot,.. so if I was building a new multi-card mining rig today I would go with the GTX 1070Ti cards. 

Edited by Braegnok

It's the GDDR5 memory vs GDDR5X memory,.. GDDR5 is much better at ETH mining due to memory latency. The 1070Ti cards have GDDR5 memory.

I was surprised when my R9 390 cards were producing same or just under hash rates as my 1080Ti cards,.. so I did some research and found out about the GDDR5 memory being much better for ETH mining. http://www.legitreviews.com/best-gpu-ethereum-mining-nvidia-amd-tested_195229

The overclocked R9 390's and R9 295X2 cards draw a shit ton of wattage at the wall, run vary hot,.. so if I was building a new multi-card mining rig today I would go with the GTX 1070Ti cards.

Yah this is why the rx 4xx/5xx series are so popular for mining, and why we saw prices on those cards skyrocket first. It was really nice when you could grab a card for $150 and have it paid off in a month or two.., miss those returns.

This really only applies to daggerhashimoto though. Equihash for example is still heavily memory oriented, but my AMD cards can not touch my Nvidia cards at it.

For a while you could actually dualmine a daggerhashimoto coin and equihash coin (or if you were smart dagger + blake and then equihash as well) without loosing much hashes on anything.., those days are long gone as well now though. :(

• ir_cow locked this topic