Rocket 88 Delid & Relid kit

Braegnok

Well, I ran RealBench twice @ Stock settings after deliding,..package temps never went over 48c. 

post-82837-0-89020300-1511051652_thumb.png

Pre-delid RealBench @ stock settings, package temps hit 71c.

Looks like I'm ordering the 2066 tool on Monday, for the 7900X.  :P

Edited by Braegnok

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I ran RealBench twice @ Stock settings after deliding,..package temps never went over 48c. 

attachicon.gifScreenHunter 04.png

Pre-delid RealBench @ stock settings, package temps hit 71c.

Looks like I'm ordering the 2066 tool on Monday, for the 7900X.  :P

Can you run some small FFT Prime 95 to see what it does?  Looks impressive so far.

Frank,.. I'm having issues when I push memory frequency to 3866MHz.   

I think perhaps the motherboard is applying too much voltage in Auto setting for CPU VCCIO @ 1.280V and CPU System Agent @ 1.320V,..  :dunno:  going to try manually applying 1.10V~1.25V VCCIO and 1.10V~1.30V System Agent.  

Edited by Braegnok

What is the native speed of the memory? 

1.1 to 1.15 seems to work really well depending on your memory controller and the capacity of the DIMMs. With 4x8GB dimms running that high you may have to beat up on the VCCSA to get it stable. 

I have two 32G kits 4X8 Corsair Dominator Platinum, one 2400C10 kit and other kit is 3866C18.

Been running the 2400C10 kit since I set up system and used it to get stable overclock, then I shut down, swapped out modules put in the 3866C18 kit I just bought last week, and if I click XMP profile,.. system runs through Q-Codes, stops at Q-Code 09 : PCH initialization after microcode loading, with black screen.

I can push memory OK button, restart into BIOS settings and see the 3866MHz memory, timings, voltage, everything looks good,.. except the vary high VCCIO and System Agent Vcore applied in Auto mode with XMP profile. 

When running the 2400MHz kit in XMP profile the VCCIO in AUTO is 1.05V and System Agent is 1.15V,.. 

Edited by Braegnok

Unfortunately backing down VCCIOSA voltage had no effect,.. decided I'm not bumping up voltage, heat to get everything stable at 3866MHz. 

I'm going to return the 3866C18 kit.  :)

Edited by Braegnok