Rocket 88 Delid & Relid kit

Braegnok

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardware arrived today, waiting on chassis, 8-pin EPS extension cables.

The Asus motherboard and Asus graphics card are both early Birthday gifts from my lovely sister in law,.. Thanks Suzzie.  :)

post-82837-0-83240300-1512599242_thumb.jpg

I expect to have the chassis, cables by Friday end of day,.. and run the stock settings before deliding benchmarks,..

System specs:

Intel Core i7-8700K processor 

Asus Maximus X Apex motherboard

Corsair H115i cooling, 5X Noctua 140MM fans

16GB 2X8 Corsair 2666 memory

Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 primary

Asus GTX1080Ti FE graphics card

SeaSonic SSR-1000PD power supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TGE chassis

Edited by Braegnok

Update : Received Phanteks Chassis this morning and the Apex motherboard is E-ATX  271.7805mm wide,.. Evolve chassis only supports E-ATX up to 264mm wide.

Did not notice the outward jog on motherboard tray when I ordered case,..  :ouch:

post-82837-0-46261600-1512759931_thumb.jpg

I knew the board was wide and I figured edge would just slightly cover rubber grommets on right side,.. but turns out motherboard is a good 1/4" off the  standoffs and touching metal back panel  on right side. 

So looks like I'm changing horses in the middle of the river, and ordering a new chassis,.. will update thread in a few days. Sorry for the delay.  :)

Edited by Braegnok

Ordered another chassis,.. Corsair Air 740.

Update: received new chassis today Friday 12-15-2017,.. motherboard fits,.. so I'll get busy an post some results.  :)

Edited by Braegnok

• 2 weeks later...

OK,.. Intel Core i7-8700K pre-delid, stock settings. 

30-min small FFT Prime95 Max temp on package 76c

Asus RealBench Stress Test Max temp on package 59c

I'll be spending rest of today,.. confirming processor, memory are 100%, playing around with the OC features this board is loaded with.

Will do the delid tonight,.. run stock settings Prime95 & RealBench Monday after work.    :cheers:

Edited by Braegnok

Humm, me likes the numbers, not too sure if I'll bother with the 8600K just because it's in the HTPC (so the wife will be upset if it's down for the afternoon) and with the current cooling setup it's not bad and I doubt I'll try to "world record OC" the thing outside of a few runs with higher volts at some point when I'm bored.