Rocket 88 Delid & Relid kit

Braegnok

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, system is running cool as a cucumber, finer than frog hair. 

If your looking for a fun DIY project this winter, or a cool stocking stuffer,.. I can recommend the Rockit 88 Delid & Relid Kit.  :cheers:   

Edited by Braegnok

That and some kits just do not like certain board processor combos as well. 

The 3866MHz memory kit is listed in my motherboards QVL, I checked before ordering it.

I contacted Asus support, was surprised they had a fix to run the 3866MHz 32G kit in XMP profile on my motherboard.

They said to update my BIOS to version 0403 2017/10/31, which will update my Intel Management Engine ME F/W and RC code. Turns out I was running BIOS version 0301 First release. 

Thought I would share that,..  :blush:  

Edited by Braegnok

Thanks KillaCam,..

I have been playing around with Vcore settings to find lowest stable Vcore at 5GHz running Realbench which turned out being 1.28V @ 65c max temp,..

for now max Vcore passing Realbench  @ 5.3GHz 1.44V.

Edited by Braegnok

Those are excellent temps for not having a full loop.  1.44v is a bit on the high side, but every chip is different. I'd be willing to bet you can get it stable lower than that but if not, just means you didn't win the silicon lottery.  Temps are still fine even at 1.44

I'm building an 8700K rig with Asus Maximus X Apex motherboard on Friday, and going to start up system with stock processor to confirm working before I void the warranty by Deliding,.. 

If any one is interested in before and after results at stock settings let me know and I'll run some before and after,.. Prime95, and RealBench,.. chip will have Corsair H115i for cooling.  :popcorn:

I'll be honest, I had fully planned on popping the top on my new 8600K, but honestly the temps are very reasonable so far topping out at 60C on a $13 cooler (similar to a Hyper 212 Evo) @ 4.8 so maybe not now that I have it under a 240mm CLC. I would like to see your results though, might change my mind.

OK,.. will run before and after stock settings Prime95, RealBench and post here on this thread. 

cc,.. what's your chips batch#,.. mine is L733C545,.. looks like you got lucky with a good batch# run,.. those are nice temps.

You made me get up from the desk and NOT go to bed :( dug the box out of the massive pile of Amazon and Newegg boxes by my front door (surprised the wife hasn't killed me yet on these) Batch # L732C156 apparently.

It's too early for bedtime. :lol:

Thanks,.. got some folks tracking batch#'s on another site,.. they are looking for difference in quality/binning depending on your chips batch#. 

Edited by Braegnok