Vtt Stability

so VTT is this "thingy" that's supposed to be 1/2 the volt of your DDR volt. And when the VTT thingy gets unstable you're supposed to do something about it.

Tried searching forum and web (my understanding got no better than above) :blink:

My VTT drops 5% below normal (1.3v) occasionally and briefly, but only when I'm using my comp and loading/unloading progs/windows etc... doesn't happen when just left alone crunching. I got the vague impression that when the VTT "thingy" gets jumpy, I'm supposed to raise my DDR volt (so 2.6 to like 2.7; then VTT goes automatically to 1.35v). Is that right?

btw, I'm stable according to 12 hours Prime95, but still don't let it run literally 24hours without a couple of rests... kinda takes away from my cheer: "CrunchN SETIWOO 22.5/7" <_< ... needed to excercise some dramatic license and changed to "24/7".

Edited by JackRussell

Most Abit boards will report a vTT issue, the Max3 is the worse of them all. It should handle up to 2.8v just fine, and 1.3-1.35 is about right for 2.8v, 1/2 of vdimm is just a rough gestimate.

The problem comes into play when you run really high vdimms w/o a vTT adjustment. At stock form, my Max3 vTT stays at 1.35-1.4v no matter what the vdimm is at. At 3.2v, it was at 1.35v, which is horrible and will cause multiple issues. You can't manually adjust your vTT, and its a good chance it will become even more off as the vdimm raises.

Oh ok so if I'm just at stock 2.6 and see no reason increase (no funny memory problems, freezes, whatever; stable) then just don't worry about it bouncin around a bit.

So only thing I'll be changing is at what % MBM shuts me down. 5 or 6% wasn't enuf, so will try 7%. Happens seldom and lasts just a sec... tho sounds a bit too like the rounding error MBM can't help but make becuz each value stored as single byte on sensor chip in funny way (couldn't afford more than 8bits/value??)... guess that contributes to severity of oscilation (maybe amplifies it a bit). So no fuss. Cool thanx B)

CORRECTION: what I actually do to correct prob, is look at high/low's for what the VTT is on average, then change expected value to that and leave tolerance at 5%. Still learners' permit (can't OC after 8pm) :rolleyes:

Edited by JackRussell