Suggestions for Mid-Line Card?

Capo

Hi All,

I currently have a MSI 770 GTX that is starting to show it's age. The rest of my system includes a I5 4670k, 8 gigs of RAM, and a solid state drive. 

What would be a good affordable mid-line gaming card that would last me another few years? I've had my current system for a few years now and would like to extend its life by a few more years until I am ready to build a new rig from the ground up. 

P.S. - I game at 1920 x 1080

I appreciate your suggestions!

Edited by Capo

Wow, you're right. I had no idea prices were so inflated. Any idea if this is supposed to be a short term issue that is worth waiting out or is it expected to be the new "norm?"

It'll be like this until it is no longer profitable to mine on cards with inflated prices, or until the supply of cards increases by a large amount.

I think prices will be like this for a while. That said, they have dropped a little from what they were.

Yeah a fair number of the people who got into mining based on 2 month payoffs of cards and in it to get rich quick have started dumping cards on the used market helping out a bit.  With that said, it's still very profitable to mine so prices will likely stay up a bit.  If your budget allows buying a higher end card even like a GTX 1080 COULD be a better option as there have been some good deals on them recently and miners generally don't like them because they aren't THAT much faster than a 1070 due to the increased memory latency of GDDR5X.  

It really is a rough time to buy but you do have the option of mining with the card you buy and making some of the expense back.  Before power usage my GTX 1070s are between $1.90 and $2.10 a day, the 1080 is at around $2.62 and my 1080 Ti is at $3.75 looking at them all right this second.  Those numbers change all the time and were lower two weeks ago (and higher yesterday) but hopefully that gives you an idea if you want to factor that into buying. 

The next generation cards are also right around the corner.  If anything they'll drive the prices down of the GTX 1060 and RX 580.

6 months from now. AMD Vega isn't cheap and Nvidia Volta wont be coming before February . If you dont mind used, the GTX 980 is a good card.