Time to sell those old AMD cards!

I just bought 2 - 1080ti and have about 500.00 left with what I made on fldc for the last month

So you are saying that you took in close to 2K in the last month?  If so I think FLDC is going to be quite a bit more profitable.

yes.. 4-1070s running 1800.00.. If I could have sold it when I wanted to it would have been 2k but poloniex was having issues so I had to sell it on bittrex

Edited by road-runner

I'm only running a single R9 390 and mining I can get $130 per month,.. folding I can make $300+ per month depending on work units, and price of folding coin when sold or traded.    :whistling:

Edited by Braegnok

I'v already done the math on my folding rig,.. GPU folding pays 3-times more than GPU mining.

Is this even after power consumption?

70 days ago I spent about $800 on some 470s and 480s, plus mobo and other parts. After paying my entire electric bill twice (I have quite a bit of machines not mining and other appliances, ETC) I have made a little over $800...,

do you think 3 470s and a 480 would have done better folding?

I'v already done the math on my folding rig,.. GPU folding pays 3-times more than GPU mining.

Is this even after power consumption?

70 days ago I spent about $800 on some 470s and 480s, plus mobo and other parts. After paying my entire electric bill twice (I have quite a bit of machines not mining and other appliances, ETC) I have made a little over $800...,

do you think 3 470s and a 480 would have done better folding?

My electric at the wall for single card AMD R9-390 is apx. $40 per month folding 24/7 @ 100%,.. the newer Nvidia cards sip power and fold faster than older AMD cards.

My rig is torn down now for cleaning and upgrading,.. going with Nvidia this time, less power more PPD. 

It's hard to say exactly what 3 470s and a 480 would fold,.. but they would put out some heat, use a ton of electric running 24/7 @ 100%  :lol:

Edited by Braegnok

No idea what my electric cost for the 4 cards. I know an x58 i7 920 rig with 2-1070s pulls right at 400watt at the wall

Edit: 437 watt I just went and looked I left the kilowatt on there several months ago

Edited by road-runner

It's hard to say exactly what 3 470s and a 480 would fold,.. but they would put out some heat, use a ton of electric running 24/7 @ 100% :lol:

They do put out a ton of heat. Running 24/7 (right now and depending on the exchanges) they are making about $17-$20/day after electric cost.

How does ppd convert to fldc? Im curious to see if they would do better.

Edited by scr4wl

Previous months I was only making about 200 to 250 a month, made 500 one month but prices were up this month. Its like the stock market you got to watch and sell when its up.

I do about 2,400,000 ppd 4 cards 1070s I made 86827.55795812 FLDC last month

Edited by road-runner

Awhile back with GPU3 client the GTX 470 would fold apx. 14K ppd,.. the clients have changed so could be better now. You would need to run one for 24 hours and see what you get ppd.

To make money at folding today you need to run the newest/fastest  hardware you can afford, and upgrade every 6 to 12 months.

Edited by Braegnok