Dual Psu Possible?

Just a thought... Is it possible to hook up 2 PSU's to work in-sync with each other? I know space would be an issue and probably regulating the voltage, but I wanted to know if the idea itself could be done... I'd figure something along the lines of a daisy chain...

very possible. search forums.. tons of threads about this

ofrouces it is dangerious.. endangering you and your comp..but if you think you can do it... go for it..

Edited by roadkill

when they daisy chain them it's not for redundancy, it's jsut for having basically one psu just for the mobo, one for everything else. however this is very risky if you do it wrong.

a redundant is very different from that, and very safe because it's not a hack job it's MEANT to do it. however it's fairly expensive.

Anyone can give me a link to a guide or something?... I was intending to use it for the purpose that bigred mentioned... I'm aware of the risks and plan to use it for burn in at first on a POS system I have laying around so I'm not too worried... As for my security, two words: rubber gloves ;)

the only point to 2 psu's is if you have pelter cooling.. the big ones.. or if you have a large pump that runs off your psu. "or if yours is to small"