Dawn of War III

Braegnok

@Waco

Unfortunately, you are in the minority there. This is a return to what the game originally was, and the squad based tactical gameplay of Dawn of War 2 infuriated most fans of the series.

Kind of wished they'd kept DoW going as an RTS and kept making games in the Space Marine: Squad Command series to continue that trend. I thought that game handled squad combat pretty well

Agreed - I was just hoping Dawn of War III would continue the squad type gameplay. I didn't really enjoy Dawn of War I. Two separate series would have been fine by me!

• 2 weeks later...

Picked it up yesterday. The game is far from optimized and I get  30FPS Max setting @ 1440 with a GTX 1070. I was expecting more of COH2, but Its like a failed RTS mixed with a MOBA. Eh maybe it will grow on me. So far I feel like I wasted $40 so I'm going back to COH2.

Running like crap at max settings doesn't mean it's not optimized. If it runs like crap at *all* settings, then you can make that claim.

I'd rather have a game that can look better with better hardware that one that caps out with current mid-range hardware at 60 FPS.

+1,.. I played the beta for two days and enjoyed 60 fps mostly on med settings with no AA, I seldom use AA or all the settings they were complaining about.

When I seen that ++heresy redacted++ post from the 3GB vram 780 on the performance thread I had to share it.  :lol:

Edited by Braegnok

I ended up turning down AA. The game doesn't benefit much from this, but it is a start and maybe the next patch will balance the game better. Maybe it will never be fixed lol. took Relic about 3 years to finally clean up COH2.