Sign in to follow this  
Utmost

Samsung Evo speeds

Do these speeds look right?

9277ca14a2e724a9159aac54d1cd9bb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have their RAM caching software installed. Remove it, it's unsafe and will leave you with a busted OS / games if you crash or lose power after writing data.

You have their RAM caching software installed. Remove it, it's unsafe and will leave you with a busted OS / games if you crash or lose power after writing data.

Is that the same as rapid mode?

Ahh yes Asus ram cache II ok I'll look into that. I'll list what I installed and see if there is any other garbage I should remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's better!

Your OS already caches things for you, adding a volatile (RAM) write cache is just a recipe for disaster. :cheers:

I just got my new rig going and speeds are similar... Got to figure out how to turn it off with intel drive and win 10.. Its my first win 10 I am not liking it...

road-runner,.. Write cache on Intel 750 Series drives does not work the same as SATA SSD's and it can't be configured by the user.

The 750 drives use NVMe technology with five RAM ICs on the drive for 2.5GB of on-board ram cache,.. and have Enhanced power-loss data protection built-in by design.

Basically with Intel 750 drives write caching using system RAM can't be enabled by the user,.. as is a feature for ATA devices (SATA SSD's), therefore, it is not available for NVMe drives.

So your good to go no worries about data loss,.. enjoy the blazing speed.  ;)

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1