Cant get a decent stable overclock gtx 1070

creepymint

Firstly I'm relatively new at this (surprise surprise).

I've followed the guide on this site, and various other guides, some using my same exact card (GTX 1070 Quick Silver), which is the same as the Gaming X I believe.

Anyway I cannot seem to get numbers that are pleasing to me and right now I'm at +85 for the core +200 for the memory and +70 on the voltage in MSI Afterburner, which seems to be holding up in Heaven and Battlefield 1 when I play.  I understand these numbers may be perfectly normal, and with trial and error I may get what I want.

Basically I would like to not have the voltage up that high if possible, and a higher core and memory like I've seen other people get.  I understand this may not be possible but I'm asking the experienced folk here as I trust them.

Thank you all who read and help.

I understand this may not be possible but I'm asking the experienced folk here as I trust them.

Hmm.... How about the one who wrote the OCC guide :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you tried both the OC with upping the voltage and without (stock)? Either way. 1.093v is not much different from stock 1.062. It really won't make a difference in heat or power draw with such little difference.

I've done some more research and found some people have lower total overclock with higher voltage versus stock. Some even got away with 1.05v @ stock clocks. So you may want to play around with that.

If you have Micron memory +200 on the memory is decent. If you don't know, go check GPU-Z  to see what type you have.