Sorta interesting build (Images)

scr4wl

Because I wanted to run in single channel mode. :P

Actually no, I had a dyslexic moment and could have sworn I saw them labeled as A1B1 A2B2. I haven't used anything as new as this and thought maybe things have changed. You are corret though, as per usual the channels alternate, I have since moved the second dimm to the appropriate slot.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually no, I had a dyslexic moment and could have sworn I saw them labeled as A1B1 A2B2. I haven't used anything as new as this and thought maybe things have changed. You are corret though, as per usual the channels alternate, I have since moved the second dimm to the appropriate slot.

Ha!  I'm only asking because I've been watching some motherboard sales on Ebay and I'm seeing a LOT of scenarios where people have their RAM populated in strange positions...  I always want to send them messages if they actually had their system running in single channel mode for a particular reason or if they just slapped the RAM in the motherboard to show it off.  It's a phenomena I'm having a hard time accepting...

Ha! I'm only asking because I've been watching some motherboard sales on Ebay and I'm seeing a LOT of scenarios where people have their RAM populated in strange positions... I always want to send them messages if they actually had their system running in single channel mode for a particular reason or if they just slapped the RAM in the motherboard to show it off. It's a phenomena I'm having a hard time accepting...

Odd,

I know I've seen some boards where the colors of the Dimm slots do not alternate. E.G. you will habe two blue slots next to each other, then two orange slots next to each other.

Perhaps that could have something to do with it.