Is this a good first build

mitchgermon

CPU - AMD A10 7890k Double Quad Core (4.3GHz)

GPU - Geforce Windforce Gaming 1060 6gb

Hard Drive - 1TB

Memory - 8gb

Motherboard - Gigabyte

Windows 10

1080p Monitor

Built from pc meal : 559$ + 1060 GTX 6gb I got separate = 780$

Im looking to play games such as overwatch, skyrim, cod and some battlefield on 1080p with High - Ultra settings. I also have a Radeon R7 graphics card that came with the built desktop but im changing it out for a GTX 1060 6gb can you sli them or something like that ( I probably sound dumb but im new haha )

Already bought the pc but can change parts if there is a good value part thats better.

Thanks guys for reading :)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can SLI the 1060.  Need at least a 1070 for that... even still it's only helpful in certain games that utilize it properly.  On 1080p you should be fine trying to run those games on High settings.

He's right.  And even if you could SLi, you'd need a motherboard that is made for it, a cpu or chipset with additional lanes, and a much bigger power supply.  That said, SLi is really only good if, you have all of these things first, and if you can get the second card at an extremely good price, or if you want/need 2 of the very best cards available.  Otherwise it's always better to invest in a single, better card.

Link exactly what you're looking at or it's very hard to tell if that's a good deal or a terrible one.

Conversely, if you list *what you have already* and a budget, we can suggest builds part-by-part that will match your price point.

I checked your link, did you notice the part where it says no os installed unless you buy the w10 dvd from them ? I think that may raise the price . :yucky:

Yes i have a windows 10 disc left over. Do you think the pc will run well?

GTX 1060's do not have SLI fingers and can only communicate via the PCIe bus, without a bridge, thereby demanding that applications support MDA or LDA Explicit to actually leverage both cards.

Ok thanks for the information would the 1060 6gb be a good gaming card for 1080p

The 1060 in my opinion is about the best card out there for a 1080 resolution, won't draw much power and has plenty of memory, you will have no problem running this card with high to ultra settings, good choice . By the way welcome to OCC !