FLDC

road-runner

+1,.. no need to change anything,.. unless your into locking your tokens for infinity. :)

Dave,.. how is that open air chassis for folding,.. I was wondering how your temps are in this June heat,.. ambient air, GPU temps, and fan speeds your running.

+1,.. no need to change anything,.. unless your into locking your tokens for infinity. :)

Dave,.. how is that open air chassis for folding,.. I was wondering how your temps are in this June heat,.. ambient air, GPU temps, and fan speeds your running.

I'm using an open chassis for the GTX 1080 Ti rig and the temps will vary by card. 72-74F ambient depending on when the AC runs. I have an MSI Armor that goes between 78 and 86C under load ( Fan speeds do not increase with Afterburner. Will need to mod the BIOS on the card) while the FE card with a fan speed of 73% of max runs at 61 to 68C. I have a pair of 140mm fans blowing on the cards.   

By comparison the 2 Titan X cards are running at the same 73-75% of max speed run at 63 and 72C respectively while in a Cooler Master HAF-X case with the side panels on. 1x 140mm in the back, 200mm fan in the front and 3x120mm fans in the top.  

RX 580 in an open case running at 52C with the fan speed at 70% of max.

Hope this helps.  I find that coolers using fully enclosed shrouds cool better when the fan speeds ramp up while the open shroud cards usually cool better using the default fan profiles.

RX 580 looks like 360K a day on the first WU.  

That's vary good, the R9 390 will only do 300K per day. 

Thanks. I think a 1080 will be better LOL. Although I will need to check power draw.

If your brave Frank you can flash your 1080Ti with the XOC BIOS which removes the target power limit and temperature limit. I don't know where this bios came from but it's signed off from NVIDIA and encrypted like the rest of them. My guess its from someones testing lab.

You can blindly cross flash most Pascal cards from what I've read since they all have the same max voltage limit. However I wouldn't do that lol. The other option is to preform a shunt mod on some resistors to trick to card into thinking the power draw is lower and raising your total target power limit. 

Wow Frank, those are nice temps, considering ambient air this time of the year. 

I'm thinking about going with an open chassis,.. :yes: 

my folding rig is like a toaster oven right now.  

Edited by Braegnok

Mine are the MSI 1080 TI ARMOR 11G OC cards the one wedged in between the giant cooler and the other card is running in the 70s the other in the 60s. I am using EVGA precision to up the fan speeds and added a fan on top also...

9cea6561c8558e2e0a1ed511dc5b38cb.jpg

8c34e2d6715ebe49f4b88e5921025d21.jpgc3f64e5428779281c228240f9281bcdf.jpg

Edited by road-runner

I have 3 open air stands or cases and a couple that are just laying on a shelf.. Cases cost money and take longer to put together and some of them will send you to the hospital for stitches.. No stinkin cases needed here

I have a few 1U AMD Opteron servers at my work folding until my 1080Ti shows up. gotta get those points!

Those servers are getting very toasty, good thing it was going to recycling center before I saved them because they may burn up haha.