Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

FLDC

Will see what winter brings but I could get close LOL I'm about 2x 1070's short!  But I do have a few 1060's and the Titans! 

I want to thank you( Roadrunner) and Braegnok for helping me get the ball rolling! I appreciate the help!  

I didnt do nothing, Braegnok is who I message all the time asking questions lol... Thanks to him for making the forum aware of it long ago...  I never would have figured it all out...

I also want to thank you guys! I got 4 computers at work folding for me :) Only CPUs for now, but i'll add video cards I have laying around.

On another note the folding team is fixing to get a big push through some ranks while helping science...

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Edited by Braegnok

Got the 1080tis installed windows 10 right at 1 mill ppd.. Gonna have to do a little overclocking next..

46812019f5196f579644ace8f40f60f5.jpg

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Well that sucks! 

Some serious folding going on at the moment.

Does the FLDC return cover the electricity bill?

Edit: ..and hardware costs?