FLDC

road-runner

I tried to buy some hardware at Newegg this morning using BTC, and seems they changed policy for excepting BTC,.. Counterwallet is no longer able to send BTC to Newegg.  :wacko:

You get an error message saying "not a legit address" when trying to send BTC from CounterWallet to Newegg,.. so seems now you need to open a new wallet called bitpay  https://www.abitgreedy.com/bitpay/   and send your btc from your counterwallet paying transfer fee to bitpay, then use bitpay to send btc to newegg paying another fee for both loading btc and sending btc with new bitpay wallet, with perhaps a min transaction of $100 US.  :down:

Not sure I want to open a new wallet and pay all the new fee's just to buy from Newegg, is anyone using Bitpay wallet, I'm seeing mixed reviews online. Sucks the egg is changing a payment option that worked vary well and was easy to use, and start this greedy extra fee bs wallet scam. 

Edited by Braegnok

I used it maybe like 6 months ago to buy something off of Newegg.

It worked, but was very annoying and seemed counter intuitive.

I don't remember the exact issue i had, but i had to cancel and redo the transaction a few times.

I had to cancel order also this morning, noticed different options paying with bitcoin or bitcoin cash, and send address was strange, when trying to pay.

Ticked me off as I was using promo codes and buying other stuff on sale with huge savings on my cart items.  :lol:    

I went with Micro Center Denver and ended up saving a lot more money on items,.. didn't think to check prices this morning, I just tried to order from the egg,.. lesson learned. 

Everything worked out, was worth the trouble driving to Denver for close to $400 savings.  

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

I looked into the bitpay wallet, and it has a max $750 per transaction limit with $5.00 charge per transaction, plus a load fee for loading your BTC,..

This morning I was buying $2000 worth hardware, so would have needed to open a bitpay wallet, pay to load wallet, do three transactions and pay three shipping fee's, three bitcoin transfer fee's and three wallet transaction fee's.  

Using the egg to buy hardware with bitcoin was simple, quick and easy. But not anymore,.. I won't do all those extra shipping charges, fee's and hassle.  :no:  

Edited by Braegnok

It was something small I bought havent messed with it since everything took a nose dive and I dont have much left any way spent it up back when the gettin was good...

Edited by road-runner

• 1 month later...

On Thursday August 2nd, at 00:00 UTC, the following assets will be delisted from Poloniex: FLO, FLDC, XVC, BCY, NXC, RADS, BLK, PINK and RIC.

Finalize all trades and close any positions in these assets prior to August 2nd. Once delisted, you will only have 30-days to withdraw any balances or lose it.

Strange they delist good coins and keep their insider trading crap like XBC,.. and refuse to add $ZRX to the margin/lending program.  :wacko: