FLDC

road-runner

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Edited by Braegnok

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Well that sucks!