FLDC

road-runner

Yes sir, and returned both cards already for full refund.

Both 2080 Ti cards displaying severe graphical artifacts when gaming, and locked up my folding rig after dropping work units, crashing, while testing,.. I thought Windows or my folding client was borked after installing 2080 card, reinstalling client, drivers, and days of troubleshooting did not solve issues.

Reinstalled Windows, folding client and everything is working fine now on both rigs with the 1080 Ti cards. 

Edited by Braegnok

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently a lot of people are getting bad 2080Ti cards. artifacts can be memory or GPU core related. No problems with my 2080 so far.

Unfortunately I'm 0 for 2 with the 2080 Ti. My thought's about cause of stability issues at first was my motherboard BIOS or a faulty motherboard on new Z390 WS,..then realized it was the new cards, after installing 1080 Ti's  everything worked fine.

I guess it's possible for a bad batch of Samsung  GDDR6 chips getting into production on RTX 2080 Ti FE cards,.. or the GPU memory is overheating due to the thermal pad contact with the cooler,.. as the vaper chamber blocks all air access to the PCB on the FE cards.  :dunno:

Going to wait till the dust clears, prices go down, and perhaps order new cards in December. 

Nvidia gave me a hard time getting refund, wanted me to RMA cards and wait for months for replacements, they charged me a restock fee for $80 NV-Link I returned with cards.  :yucky:  

Edited by Braegnok

Send, Jasson Da' Boss a PM over @ EOC,.. he is Administrator for folding forum, and I think he can help you track down your distribution payout.  :cheers:   

Edited by Braegnok