Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

FLDC

I didnt do nothing, Braegnok is who I message all the time asking questions lol... Thanks to him for making the forum aware of it long ago...  I never would have figured it all out...

I also want to thank you guys! I got 4 computers at work folding for me :) Only CPUs for now, but i'll add video cards I have laying around.

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Edited by Braegnok

Looks like my folding rig will be down a bit longer than I expected,.. I shut down on 6-10-17 for a quick cleaning and to upgrade graphics card,.. but during cleaning I found several bad capacitors and the chokes around cpu socket are burnt,.. I started having stability issues on 5-17-17 and I know why now.  :lol:

I pulled the mosfets and the TP is dried up burnt, I guess the thermal output during phase-down with bad TP cooked the chokes around the cpu. 

Ordered new premium alloy chokes, capacitors this morning,.. hopefully back up and folding in two weeks.  :yes:

Well that sucks! 

Some serious folding going on at the moment.

Does the FLDC return cover the electricity bill?

Edit: ..and hardware costs?