Sign in to follow this  
road-runner

FLDC

My open air coolers do terrible even while out of a case with extra fans blowing on them. If you plan on using 1080ti's for mining or folding, I would try to only pick up the blower style.

Also, folding is more stressful on the cards then mining. If I run folding on GPU0 or GPU2, they would exceed 90degree C.

Screenshot%20from%202017-07-10%2018-30-5

EDIT:

I can run the fan speeds at 100% which helps a lot, but doing so causes some of the GPUs to throttle.

Edited by scr4wl

That is full load! I could back off the fan speed a bit and increase the temperatures but 79% is a good compromise depending on my room temperature. 

FLDC value tanked yesterday. It seems directly tired to how well BTC is doing. Here's hopping it rebounds by Aug 1st.

FLDC value tanked yesterday. It seems directly tired to how well BTC is doing. Here's hopping it rebounds by Aug 1st.

I am seeing this, it was down below .00000200 for ever it just recently shot up. I fold anyway just added it to my name way back when it came out it pays the electric even when it was down.

Everything is tanking right now. I think it is somewhat due to all the new miners, and as a result, new traders. But then again, the bubble could be bursting.

As with all coins, they are primarily traded against btc. So yes, generally when btc drops, the whole market drops.

It will be interesting to see if folding still brings profit with the increase in folders/ppd and steep drop in price.

Well I imagine all those that are in it for money only will quit. I will chug along and save it up til it spikes again and cash in...

Well I imagine all those that are in it for money only will quit. I will chug along and save it up til it spikes again and cash in...

Yeah I was hoping the craze would continue for another month so I could pay off my second card and than everything after would be gravy. Now I gotta wait it out probably another 3-4 months once the Ether settles down and BTC go back up. Wasn't planning on dropping out anyways, but the extra wait bugs me.

I got the last 1080ti going yesterday EVGA FTW3 but it died in the middle of the night. I even stuck the card in the win 10 rig that has three and windows disabled it due to a problem with the card or so it said in device manager... Its on its way back for RMA