• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 That_Guy

That_Guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:18 AM

I am using Razer Black widow ultimate but i highly recommend going with Stealth edition for one simple reason - it's so much quieter. The original Ultimate i had sounded like i am in a room with a typewriter

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who can extrapolate from an incomplete data...

#14 wevsspot

wevsspot

I'm trying to be helpful.... really I am

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16282 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:52 AM

I've also been using the Razer Black Widow Ultimate.  I've had mine for 3.5 years now.  It has been a good keyboard.  Recently my key switch lighting has started to flicker when alternating between on/off/intensity.  I personally really like the feel and the clickity click of this keyboard.  I wouldn't consider myself an expert on mechanical keyboards, but this one has served pretty well.  I do a mixed load of office, emails and lots of gaming especially in the winter months.  No telling how many key strokes this keyboard has on it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you find it on sale.

31765372778_b7d6ff5f2a_o.jpg

#15 xenkw0n

xenkw0n

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

You guys are describing the type of switches used with the keys.  Blue switches are clickity-clackity, Brown switches have similar feedback but without the noise of Blue switches and then Red switches have no feedback, very light keypresses.  There are also Black, Clear, Speed and different key switch manufacturers (Cherry, Kailh, Gateron, Outemu).  I believe Razer actually uses some proprietary switches.

Edited by xenkw0n, 08 December 2016 - 10:51 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keyboard, mechanical keyboard, mechanical