#13 OwinC

OwinC

Lost Texan

• Folding Member
  • 1113 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:07 AM

Optional post :teehee:

It's not peer pressure, It's just your turn

There's no such thing as a dirty mind, it's just a sense of humor with adult content.....

Nobody wins. One just looses slower than the other.

#14 the11ama

the11ama

Formerly known as a rabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1062 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:34 AM

Hello Mythos. Hello everyone else.

I've been gone for a long time again, this time due to work. Just popping in to say hello myself, and to see if any of the older crew is still active (2004-2008ish). Good to see new names in the forums, though. Unfortunately for me, funding for the department I was working for was cut, and my job was the first to go. Now I'm not so busy, except that I now have to find a new job. I just hope it won't take months like it did last time.

I still can't believe that Verran passed away. I lost three family members in the last few years, then I get reminded of that again when I read that post. The s**t about it, and the part that I hate, is that two of them were taken by cancer, while another family member is in remission. WTF, cancer? Well, while I can't start folding again due to loss of income, hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the folding team. Those guys at Stanford have some work ahead of them.

I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

Posted Image

#15 IVIYTH0S

IVIYTH0S

They call me... General Help.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21620 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Welcome back IVI!

Thanks! :)

For an htpc don't even bother, unless you change resolution

Lol yeah, the little APU is still doing more than adequate. Thanks for an added voice of reason!

Good to see you IVI...

You too!

Enough to get me to post...

IVI :wave:

You honor me! Thanks :D

a half post... :wave:

A half thank you :lol:

Optional post :teehee:

:yucky:

Hello Mythos. Hello everyone else.

I've been gone for a long time again, this time due to work. Just popping in to say hello myself, and to see if any of the older crew is still active (2004-2008ish). Good to see new names in the forums, though. Unfortunately for me, funding for the department I was working for was cut, and my job was the first to go. Now I'm not so busy, except that I now have to find a new job. I just hope it won't take months like it did last time.

I still can't believe that Verran passed away. I lost three family members in the last few years, then I get reminded of that again when I read that post. The s**t about it, and the part that I hate, is that two of them were taken by cancer, while another family member is in remission. WTF, cancer? Well, while I can't start folding again due to loss of income, hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the folding team. Those guys at Stanford have some work ahead of them.

I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

Hey there!
I'm sorry about all the bad luck and your losses, but you still have your family here until things pick up! I'm gonna try and fit some more OCC into my life as best I can. I feel like my OT factory of a new job may get a little more manageable since we have new hires in my department that should help lessen the responsibilities placed upon me and my friends there.

"GilliumX58" DESKTOP
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V-PRO | Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAXR | Videocard: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: Patriot/Kingston 16GB 1866mhz | OS SSD: SanDisk Extreme 240GB SATA | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Monitor: Samsung 30" 305T | CD/DVD: Samsung SH-S223F | Keyboard: Sentey Phoenix | Mouse: Razer Lachesis

OCC Cool Club Member

Rebate Success Thread 2015---RMA Success Thread 2016---GPU Comparison tool on AnAndTech

#16 EuroFight

EuroFight

I'm not lazy, I'm just energy efficient.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Ah good to see you back! I too have just returned from an extended period of absence. Good to see the old lot are still about!

Processor AMD FX-6100 Hex-core, 3.3GHz > Intel Core 2 Duo Dual-core, 1.6GHz
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz >  Crucial 3GB DDR3 1066MHz
Graphics Radeon HD7770 + Radeon HD5570 > Intel 3000 Integrated Graphics
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Socket AM3+ > OEM Latitude XT2 Motherboard Socket P
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA 7200.14 > Samsung 64GB SSD SATA 3Gbps
Power Supply Cooler Master Elite ATX 500W > OEM Dell Power Supply 90W
Case Zalman Z11 Plus 4x 120mm fans, 3x 80mm > OEM Dell Latitude XT Case

OnePlus One 64GB > 4G LTE, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801, 3GB LPDDR3, Adreno 330 GPU, 13MP camera

#17 Bosco

Bosco

OCC Boss

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32956 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

...it's been awhile since I've popped in and said hello!

I've lurked here and there but my new job has kept me busy so I haven't been on and posting in months.

I'll probably open a thread or two about POSSIBLY getting a new video card and POSSIBLY upgrading my HTPC...it'd be better if you all just talk me out of it truthfully since both of my machines serve their functions just fine. I'd be merely upgrading my video card out of saltiness. (970-->1060 or 1070)

For my HTPC I may just end up replacing my wireless mouse/keyboard for the time being since the rest is honestly been fine and I'm just looking for things to spend money on but SO FAR have been able to contain myself because I'm hard to let go of things that still work well :lol:

Didnt notice :haha:

All the best glad to see you checking in :)

Main Gaming Rig
Intel 6700K
MSI Board
32GB Gskill
Titan X
Samsung 1TB SSD
Corsair 600T White
Noctua D14 CPU Cooler
Corsair 1200 Watt PSU
Asus 32" 4K Monitor
Donating to OCC :::: OCC Site Rules :::: OCC Reviews
RIP Verran and Nemo gone but never will be forgotten.