Hello all..

IVIYTH0S

Hello Mythos. Hello everyone else.

I've been gone for a long time again, this time due to work. Just popping in to say hello myself, and to see if any of the older crew is still active (2004-2008ish). Good to see new names in the forums, though. Unfortunately for me, funding for the department I was working for was cut, and my job was the first to go. Now I'm not so busy, except that I now have to find a new job. I just hope it won't take months like it did last time.

I still can't believe that Verran passed away. I lost three family members in the last few years, then I get reminded of that again when I read that post. The s**t about it, and the part that I hate, is that two of them were taken by cancer, while another family member is in remission. WTF, cancer? Well, while I can't start folding again due to loss of income, hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the folding team. Those guys at Stanford have some work ahead of them.

I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

Welcome back IVI!

Thanks! :)

For an htpc don't even bother, unless you change resolution

Lol yeah, the little APU is still doing more than adequate. Thanks for an added voice of reason!

Good to see you IVI...

You too!

Enough to get me to post...

IVI :wave:

You honor me! Thanks :D

a half post... :wave:

A half thank you :lol:

Optional post :teehee:

:yucky:

Hello Mythos. Hello everyone else.

I've been gone for a long time again, this time due to work. Just popping in to say hello myself, and to see if any of the older crew is still active (2004-2008ish). Good to see new names in the forums, though. Unfortunately for me, funding for the department I was working for was cut, and my job was the first to go. Now I'm not so busy, except that I now have to find a new job. I just hope it won't take months like it did last time.

I still can't believe that Verran passed away. I lost three family members in the last few years, then I get reminded of that again when I read that post. The s**t about it, and the part that I hate, is that two of them were taken by cancer, while another family member is in remission. WTF, cancer? Well, while I can't start folding again due to loss of income, hopefully soon I'll be able to rejoin the folding team. Those guys at Stanford have some work ahead of them.

I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

Hey there!

I'm sorry about all the bad luck and your losses, but you still have your family here until things pick up! I'm gonna try and fit some more OCC into my life as best I can. I feel like my OT factory of a new job may get a little more manageable since we have new hires in my department that should help lessen the responsibilities placed upon me and my friends there.

• 4 weeks later...

...it's been awhile since I've popped in and said hello!

I've lurked here and there but my new job has kept me busy so I haven't been on and posting in months.

I'll probably open a thread or two about POSSIBLY getting a new video card and POSSIBLY upgrading my HTPC...it'd be better if you all just talk me out of it truthfully since both of my machines serve their functions just fine. I'd be merely upgrading my video card out of saltiness. (970-->1060 or 1070)

For my HTPC I may just end up replacing my wireless mouse/keyboard for the time being since the rest is honestly been fine and I'm just looking for things to spend money on but SO FAR have been able to contain myself because I'm hard to let go of things that still work well :lol:

Didnt notice :haha:

All the best glad to see you checking in :)