Paying Bills With Money Orders

FunkyMonkey

this may sound retarded but my friend is on vacation and he sent me some money to play one of his bills he forgot. i will be using a money order

now does this work just like cheques where you put the bill stud and money order in the blank envelope at a bank machine and put it through or is it different?

thanks

this may sound retarded but my friend is on vacation and he sent me some money to play one of his bills he forgot. i will be using a money order

now does this work just like cheques where you put the bill stud and money order in the blank envelope at a bank machine and put it through or is it different?

thanks

so are you going to play or pay the bill for him ????lol jk

i really don't understand the question, i mean, i gues "bill stud" is like the bill the company mailed to him, and yes, a money order can be used just like a check, make sure you fill it out in all the right places and keep the receipt and all......

but why would you put it in a "blank envelope", and what is a "bank machine"?

They have envelopes in the ATM that you can pull out... For mine you put your name on it and the total money enclosed (totalling checks, cash, and other including MO) and it tells you to stick in the envelope and you have the money... If it's sent to you with your name on it, just go to the bank and deposit it like normal... It's like a check and clears like one too...

I'd be willing to bet your local banks ATM takes deposits, I'm in the US btw and mine do at all 3 banks that I have accounts (US bank, Wahington mutual, Bank of America)...