Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Reviewed

Bosco

AMD just released Crimson Edition 16.9.1 hotfix package with DX12 support for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16-9-1-Release-Notes.aspx

Once you have enabled beta content and stream has synced, you will see a DirectX 12 option in the game's Display Options, assuming your card supports it. From there you will be able to load the game in DirectX 12 mode. http://steamcommunity.com/games/337000/announcements/detail/917995046550733178

The DX12 beta patch will offer better performance on lower and mid range cards,.. high end cards perform better running DX 11 version of the game, till devs release a fix.

Edited by Braegnok

What in the world is "bigotry augmented individuals"??

3/4 of a statement. Must have missed the 'against', as it should be "bigotry against augmented individuals."

Lol, OK, that makes sense. There are no other concealed caches other than in your apt. I advise you to use them for your important stuff as something may happen to things left out in the open. I learned that the hard way.

Don't want to give too much away either but I agree with your review.

There are three augs you want right away. The arm strength aug to break through walls, the leg augment to jump to higher points and the one that modifies your vision so you can see through objects and have important objects like palm readers, items, etc highlighted. Both of these are useful from the very start of the game. Don't forget that the environment can be used in ways you might not think of. Dumpsters can be moved to give you a higher point from which to make a tough leap and they often hide access to vents.

Agree, I played the game through three times.  All with fire fight in mind.  I love the killin and the challenge it presents.  I did a lot of stealth take downs as well.  One thing I can tell you is that the hunt for EXP is not a stress factor.  You get plenty of Praxxis just playing the game through.  No need to purchase it.  No need to purchase anything really. I would recommend you do purchase your favorite ammo with credits in game.  Only so you have the luxury of using it more.

I wanted to make the different choices to see how it would change the ending.   Nothing really did accept that my first playthru, I killed Victor first and let the Diplomats die haha.  I saved the daughter and skipped the bank which in turn let Jim Williams die.  Next time I went to the bank saved jim and saved the Hostages first then killed Victor.  No need to collect every last bit of items.  Just keep the ammo up on your favorite weapons.   For me that was Silenced Pistol, Shotgun, Combat Rifle, and Battle Rifle.   I picked up and used the Machine pistol on and off as I picked up ammo for it but only to save ammo for the other weapons.  Armor piercing on the Combat Rifle was awesome damage.  A fun game but after three play throughs, im done.  Will wait for the DLC's.

I've only completed it twice, and on the second time I got the Pacifist achievement. Didn't even realize that was going to happen until it popped. Did make some changes, so Jim would live, but both times I was able to keep the diplomats alive and stop the bombs from exploding. Apparently if you can just get to the diplomats fast enough without alerting the enemies on the way, Victor won't detonate them. Was really happy to see that because it just feels right as an outcome.