Spray Paint

Hey all. Is there a special kind of spray paint I need to use for painting the inside of my case (Aspire X-Pider)? I'm going to be painting the insides black soon, just want to know because I have some regular black spray paint but I'm not sure if it will stay on well.

SAND EVERYTHING!!!! I cant stress that enough :-) You can use just about any type of spray paint as long as you sand all surfaces inside the case. It may sound tedious and time consuming, but hey, that's what modding is about :-P

Anyways, I've learned the hard way about case painting. On most case insides, the paint will pool away from the surface edges, and that will look horrible. Sanding eliminates this.

This is just from my own experience. If anyone else knows of a better/easier way, let me know!

I used Krylon paint on the inside of mine...just wiped the dust out and layed about 3 coats on the bare metal.......I didn't have any problems...and no sanding. But it's up to you....I was worried about the little scratches and swirl marks from sanding too thats why I didn't sand.

:withstupid:

personally.. this is what i think... about sanding...

a while back. i painted my old mouse.. i sanded it first and then painted.. with sparay paint... after SEVEN layres. i could still see the scratches....

• 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest cleaning it and getting some automotive primer. They have it at Home Depot and Lowes, etc. Krylon makes it, I believe. I used that when I painted half of my case (I stupidily didn't start with it) and that half looks good, the other half looks like crap.