OCing new MB

dling

Ok .I'm running at 4.5gig with only the cpu strap at 45 ,cpu voltage at 1.3v all cores synced . Everything else is default / auto. Is this good or do I need

to mess with other setting to get better numbers ? like benchmarks .

4.5GHz @ 1.3v is nice overclock ding,.. personally I would run under 1.3v for your 24/7 OC profile.

I noticed your running Samsung 840 EVO SSD for primary drive,.. you want to install version 4.9.7 Samsung Magician Software http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html, use RAPID mode, with 16GB ram you can allocate 4GB to cache,.. you will see huge gain in system performance. 

with 24/7 OC profile of 4.2 to 4.4GHz, 16GB DDR4 2800 and Samsung Magician in RAPID mode you will have damn fast system.  http://www.thessdreview.com/software-2/samsung-magician-4-5-rapid-mode-2-1-testing/

Edited by Braegnok

Thanks guys. I was using the x58 also until just last weekend. That's a great system. I have mine for sale here

if you know anyone looking for one cheep. I will take a look a both of the web-sites .Thanks again. ;)

x58 is my love!  But 4.5ghz on a 5820k is very good.  If that's the highest you can go on 1.3v I would be careful pushing much further than that unless strictly doing benchmarks.  As Nimrod pointed out, 24/7 usage at 1.3v and above is where you start to fall into the danger zone.

Oh, and Posting Machine - There have been some pretty good deals for used P6X58D-E motherboards on Ebay recently for 100$ including shipping.  This board has 2 USB 3.0 ports in back and 2 SATA III connectors.  So does BEER's motherboard - In fact, his is the Premium edition of the same board which mainly has a better cooling system with a heatpipe running through each of the motherboard heatsinks.

Edited by xenkw0n

dling, have you tried slowly reducing your 1.3v while at 4.4GHz,.. just to see how low on vcore you can get and remain stable at 4.4GHz. 

No. I really just was able to get where I am at from watching a u tube vid. my temp got as high as 75deg c in stress testing and run in the upper 30s

to low 40 under normal use. I will do some more messing around when I have more time next weekend.