How about that top 20

NCC10281982B

nvidia gpu do more points in linux than windows, long ago bigsmp cpu WU done a lot more in linux also... I had a VM running inside windows with linux on my main rig and natively installed on some i7 920s back then

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well in theory i seemed like a good idea but the vm's didnt work, they were only giving 4-5k PPD per vm.   The Vm was running at 100% with 4 virtual cores, if you looked at hyper-v all 4 vm's were running at 24% so the server its self was running at 96% and if you looked at the performance window of the physical server it was at 100% usage.

I opened core temp on the main server to see how everything was doing temp wise and it was only showing 2-3% load on most cores and a high of 5% some times.   I let the VM's finish the WU and just shut them down,  running F@H on the physical server now is showing 30k PPD

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Road-Runner doesn't play fair :lol:

I got a 980ti laying there I took out to put the 1070s in thats going to get cranked up when it gets colder... I had them over on my team but figure I may as well get my spot back since hyper and bishop passed me awhile back... :rolleyes:

Sad thing is it uses as much power as two 1070s by itself

Edited by road-runner

I got a 980ti laying there I took out to put the 1070s in thats going to get cranked up when it gets colder... I had them over on my team but figure I may as well get my spot back since hyper and bishop passed me awhile back... :rolleyes:

I know this might be dumb, but how do you measure the actual draw for a single piece of hardware like that 980ti for example. Is there a piece of hardware you can hook up to measure the watts or is it software (is that a reliable realtime measure). You know, something like a Kill-A-Watt or something similar to see what the card draws.

I know this might be dumb, but how do you measure the actual draw for a single piece of hardware like that 980ti for example. Is there a piece of hardware you can hook up to measure the watts or is it software (is that a reliable realtime measure). You know, something like a Kill-A-Watt or something similar to see what the card draws.

I have the kill a watt...

• 1 month later...

So i finally got my old new or is it new old computer back up and running.   Anyway its my old asus R3E board running an i7 975 and 4 gtx 670's decided to try to fold on it even though F@H says you cant use the older cards will see if i get any points from them.    Just fired it up today and looks like the 4 card together will put out just as much as my single 980.

I noticed team users from "all teams" have not received any credit for work units completed from 01, 21, 6PM and 01. 21, 9PM today,.. all zeros  :unsure:  I know that I'v completed three WU's during 6PM to 9PM today.