Sign in to follow this  
dling

asus x99 sabertooth MB

How likely is it that I could have killed my new MB by unplugging a usb ssd with power on. The computer was starting but I was messing with the raid.  I unplugged the ssd usb and plugged it into another place and now it won't start.

How likely is it that I could have killed my new MB by unplugging a usb ssd with power on. The computer was starting but I was messing with the raid.  I unplugged the ssd usb and plugged it into another place and now it won't start.

Have you tried resetting the BIOS?

I don't think you can kill a board by pulling out a USB cable while in use. It's possible to short the port but that would be on the extreme side of unlikely. Kinda like powerball and getting hit by lighting.

I'm guessing you tried the same port as before?

Also to clarify the board won't post or the ssd won't show up ?

It will not post. It did before I did the USB transfer with power on. What's weird is that It will restart using ctrl alt del. I just don't get any video display.

Just an FYI if you have not done so their is a new BIOS update as well for that board.  I drop mine on the floor right on the lower left corner and just built a system with it last night and it works like a champ. 

Thanks . I did the bios update. Glad to hear the board is still working. Its a great looking MB.I'm looking forward to see what kind of speeds I can get

out of the cpu/board combo.