Confused as to which upgrading path I should go.

Hey there, recently I've purchased a new PC all together but a GPU since I knew there was upcoming releases of new line-ups from Nvidia and AMD.

My current is rig is: http://puu.sh/pMXxU/9f73776550.png

(excuse me for the lazy screenshot, it's kind of late here).

I'm looking to game on 1080P for now but in the near future planning to switch to 1440P(all on ultra hopefully), so I'm not so sure as to whether I should put in the extra cash into a GTX 1070 or get a second handed 980 Ti.

Also my current card is a HD 7950.

Sorry in advance for shitty grammar and misspellings, like I've mentioned, it's quite late here.

The GTX 1070 would generally be my choice, however with the market being what it is with stock issues and such you may be better off going with the 980 Ti as far as price/performance ratio goes. 

The GTX 1070 would generally be my choice, however with the market being what it is with stock issues and such you may be better off going with the 980 Ti as far as price/performance ratio goes. 

currently I have the option of getting a GTX 980 Ti second handed(MSI Lighting version) for about 150$ less than a GTX 1070(translating it into my local currency ofc).

Sounds like a good bargain. I'd say.