Demand for GTX 1070 has taken down EVGA website

N.E.A

In case you missed it, EVGA website was down at the exact time it had stock for the card. :D I don't think this was an accident though. I believe it was a way to build up even more demand for the cards. But it is just a possibility. I'm now waiting for Amazon to list a good non FE GTX 1070 and once I find one I will get it. Probably will go for MSI Aero or EVGA SC or ACX 3.0 card. I don't mind getting a non overclocked card since I can do the overclocking myself without paying more for it.

Does anyone here also waiting for the chance to get the card?

Edit: Oops .. I've done some newbie stuff here :D .. I posted this in Graphics & Photography instead of Video Cards section. I guess I was fooled by the "Graphics" keyword at the beginning of the section. Would one of the moderators please relocate this thread to the proper section?

Edited by N.E.A

It was a similar story the morning of the GTX 1080 launch. Personally I'm waiting for stock on the better coolers. 

As for the demand for new cards...well it's not silly. Think about it, if a GTX 980 still makes you happy, what about those who bought 780s or even 680s that have been putting off upgrades, it's their time to get excited about the new toys, or if you're like me a GTX 980 certainly does NOT cut it when you run a 4K monitor and the GTX 1080 is the first card that seems more or less good enough for 4K. (Doesn't look like it in reviews, but you honestly don't need 4x MSAA on a 28" 4K screen so it'll do the job)

It was a similar story the morning of the GTX 1080 launch. Personally I'm waiting for stock on the better coolers. 

As for the demand for new cards...well it's not silly. Think about it, if a GTX 980 still makes you happy, what about those who bought 780s or even 680s that have been putting off upgrades, it's their time to get excited about the new toys, or if you're like me a GTX 980 certainly does NOT cut it when you run a 4K monitor and the GTX 1080 is the first card that seems more or less good enough for 4K. (Doesn't look like it in reviews, but you honestly don't need 4x MSAA on a 28" 4K screen so it'll do the job)

Well, I've been putting off upgrades to my GTX 275 since 2010 because it performed really well and since 2012 I stopped playing a ton of games like I used to but I am back now :D. One of the reasons that I have to upgrade is that I got a new monitor with only display port and HDMI connectivity and all sorts of converters and cables did not work on my GTX 275 because it lacks those two interfaces. Plus, new titles that I will be playing will surely be a heavy burden on GTX 275.

I would've gotten the GTX 970 but its price is so close to the 1070 (50-90 dollars) that is why I am waiting for it since it outperforms all of the 900 series plus the titan. Or at least match their top of the line cards. 

I don't know why manufacturers never learn from their previous releases and have a good amount of stock ready. My guess is as I said to build up demand and get more money from it. I assume AMD is going to be smarter than this. 

You're gonna be waiting awhile if you go the Amazon route. Everything newly released seems to have a ton re-sellers on there selling stuff with a huge mark-up until stock catches up.  :yucky:

Well I've just seen the Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE listed on there for 499.9$ as announced and I would've picked it up but I held myself off of it :D to get a better one for less money.

There are reports that people who purchased a GTX 1080 from Amazon won't get it until the middle of July or so. Probably going to be the same for the GTX 1070 if you go that route.

Oh brother. This means that I will be stuck with what I have for around 1-2 months. I have my new monitor hooked up to my laptop to use it. At this rate, I think it would've been much better that I upgraded sooner. Anyway regret wont solve anything. 

If it is patience that is going to get me a card, then patient is what I will practice this period. 

My 1080 arrived today, going to replace 2-7970s for folding with it and let the 980ti keep crunching

Did they get the client updated? 

From what I have seen others have not had a problem running it, I will find out tomorrow when I install it..

Edit: Sorry yes they had to add a gpu ID string in the txt file seems it should be working now

Edited by road-runner