A bit dissapointed with Corsair headset

Fragsman

Well in December 2012 I bought a Corsair 1500 Headset. No problems until now.

Right side not working whatsoever.

Problem = A red wire unsoldered (or whatever is the word).

I tried to fix it but the wire is just way too short giving me almost zero movility, in the process another wire unsoldered but whatever it was imposible to fix it anyway.

My dissapointment comes from the side that I didn't broke the exterior wie.. it was an interior wire not supossed to broke or unsoldered... I believe it is a really weak product from Corsair, I saw the same problem in many threads over the internet but well my story ended bad because I couldn't fix. I tried just for the honor

FYI RMA was not an option so I tried myself. Perhaps I should have tried in electronic store.. who knows . Maybe some day or maybe I buy a new pair but definitely not from Corsair because they are extremely expensive.. and it seems they are not so well made.

Once you play with headser you never want to play with speakers. I want surround again! But I want a decent and not that expensive. 

Their gaming mice seem to be made to die after the warranty is up, I've had 2 that the left click stopped working within 18 months and you might as well throw them away as try to fix them.

So let me get this right, you are complaining because your 4 year old headset broke? If my headsets lasted for 4 years I would be pretty damn happy.

Yeah, neither of mine lived to see their second birthday. And only twice it was my fault. Although i see the OP's point, too. Failure shouldn't be a result of poor craftsmanship, rather tear and wear or improper handling. Technically speaking, there are no parts in headphones that should ever fail.

Take a picture of the wire and where it goes and maybe we can help you come up with an idea.

If you were closer I would solder a short length of wire for you to get them working again.

Yeah, you should be able to solder a new piece of wire if the one in there is too short.

Or you could give it to someone else if you aren't sure of your skills. Someone would be able to fix and use it, I'm sure.

You can drop off your damaged headphones at almost any computer, or TV repair shop,.. show them the wires that need soldered, pick them up latter fixed.     :cheers:  

Edited by Braegnok

So let me get this right, you are complaining because your 4 year old headset broke? If my headsets lasted for 4 years I would be pretty damn happy.

Yeah, neither of mine lived to see their second birthday. And only twice it was my fault. Although i see the OP's point, too. Failure shouldn't be a result of poor craftsmanship, rather tear and wear or improper handling. Technically speaking, there are no parts in headphones that should ever fail.

Hi guys. That's why I meant. I always use technological and in general all my stuff very carefully because that's how I am. We're in an era that anything is disposable after 2 years but why? I have speakers in the PC for 5++ years old why the headsets should be different? 

Check for example Mouse technology.. buy a cheap-ass mouse see how strong you press the key for how many thousand times and how much km you move it, etc.. does it break? NO! It last for ages, Why should a prime-brand expensive Headset die in 2 years then? :D

Then yes a friend said he would pay me a visit and if I make a barbecue to him he'll fix it LOL

Also I tried to solder a long wire to that but it did't worked since the Corsair wire type is just too strange. I cant describe it. Is like a wire that you can spead and it is more and more finite just like human hair or even thin.. super strange.

Edited by Fragsman