Guest_Jim_*

GuestJim Side Project - The Body on Games

Have a few quick updates on this that I figure may be worth sharing. One is that I am currently working on trying to repair an older video where the overlay was broken. I recently figured out a way to create overlays for videos from recorded data (for something else I hope to share at a later date) and decided to apply it here as well. It's going to be a while before that video can be uploaded though, because it takes time to create all of the graphs and then the video. (There will be ~177,000 frames and I started it about 14 hours ago but am only now at 30,000.) It is the final video to Outlast: Whistleblower that for some reason the overlay did not get recorded for, but I keep all of the data generated, and now it looks like I will have a way to generate an equivalent overlay after the fact. It just takes longer to make than the actual video....

Something else I have set up is a Patreon page because why not? Easy enough to do so who knows, maybe someone will throw something my way.

Finally, I'm not sure when I will be starting on it but SOMA recently got support for Tobii eyetrackers, including the Tracker 4C. Still on my horror-game break, which has let me take care of some other projects (so far only completed the 'publish book' project, but I'm a good ways into the others) and do some more gaze-tracking videos, but when I do get back to horror, SOMA is what I plan on starting with. (Super convenient how that has worked out.)

Finally got the 177,180 graphs rendered (after restarting the process on my laptop to fix one issue and split it to three threads) so the Outlast: Whistleblower - Chapter 4 video with the new overlay is up!

I'm pretty sure I can speed up the process by removing the blood flow graph, so I might do that if I do this again.

Also I decided to throw the histograms I can now easily make from the heart-rate date over on the Patreon page. They are public so anyone can see them, and it seemed a fair place to stick them. So here's the graph I made for the Outlast: Whistleblower - Chapter 4 data.

The Dead Space 2 videos are finally going live on the Monday/Thursday, and last week Portal started on Tuesdays.

Dead Space 2 will run until the end of June, and while I have not started recording in it yet, my plan is to have SOMA follow it, and then Dead Space 3 after that.

Since the channel turns one year old on May 23, I am going to try to do a special video for that, but my first attempt failed. Hopefully my second attempt will do better.

Do you have Twitter ? Tweet out when you are about to go live? I always forget to check out your streams.

I don't stream, but I am on Twitter. The videos are all scheduled and YouTube sends out a tweet when they go live.

It is kind of weird to think the first video went live a year ago, but now, after 177 videos and 144 hours and 26 minutes of recordings, (though not all are live yet, and without counting highlights) a calendar year has passed.

As I said I would, I managed to put together a special birthday video! I returned to Outlast on Insane difficulty this time and played until my first death, and by recreating the heart-rate overlay after the fact the video has both overlays.

At least I am looking forward to the second year (if only to get through my back catalog of horror/suspense games I finally have a reason to play).

Wow! I did not realize it has been this long since I posted something in this thread. Guess I've just been busy with things. Anyway, have some updates I wanted to share, besides the sets of videos that have gone up since the last post, and the two new sets starting this week (Antichamber just started on Tuesday and Layers of Fear starts Monday, but the highlights are out now).

Thanks to the new Threadripper build I put together, I am now able to record the heart rate overlay and gaze overlay at the same time as the game using x264, so that's my plan for the Mon. Thurs. releases (Tuesdays will keep to gaze-only I think).

Also, with it being about a month out, seems a good idea to mention I am planning to take part in this year's Extra Life charity stream, which will be on November 4. Here is my Extra Life page, which I have not decorated much, but as it says there, I intend to have the heart rate monitor and gaze tracker going the entire time. Haven't put together a list of the games I will play that day yet (any suggestions?), but I've time to think on it at least.

I wonder what my pulse was when I first played Fear haha

I can try to find out for myself. Haven't played the FEAR games yet, but I do have them. Need to check on licensing before I do anything though.

You Must Play The Fear Set !!

...you won't be able to stop, even when scared shitless...like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, or GOT...!!