How long should my Current Build Last?

Blue03si

All of the previous posts are why I so love this WEB site. Always great info and commentary.

Also, a note about AMD -

I have seen some AMD CPU's last 2 months and some 4-5 years or more.

Seems like once they overheat the problems start.

Looks like you have a stable environment so you should get a lot of life

I took out the Antec Kuhler H20 620 and replaced it with a Coolermaster Hyper 612 Ver.2 a little while ago and it seems to be running cooler. I haven't had a chance to stress test it but its definitely much quieter. I'm now running open hardware monitor pretty much all the time and when I check its max temps I have noticeably dropped during standard PC use. I'm pretty sure that I will get a few more years of 1080p gaming out of this system which is all I want. :-)

Really all you need for games is a good graphics card, which you have. The rest can be ridden out far longer, and at 1080P, that 390X should be easily capable of driving 30FPS or more for some time! My friend still can play games over 30FPS with a Core 2 Duo and a 660Ti on a 1080P monitor.

This, this, 1000x this.

I can still play Fallout 4 on High settings with a Q6600. There's no reason that you can't get 10 years out of a computer as long as you get a new GPU every few (3) years or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Swapped out the corsair SP120 fans (2 quiet edition for intake and 2 performance edition with quiet adapter for exhaust) that were not compatible with my motherboard (wouldn't read RPM, so PWM didn't work) and replaced them with 4 Corsair ML120 fans. Two with red leds for the front and 2 regular for exhaust. I had 3 PWM headers on the motherboard for case fans. The two exhaust (rear and top) both have their own header but I had to use a PWM splitter for the front two fans. Originally got the SP120 fans for radiator duty but since I've swapped over to air cooling I was using them as case fans. The ML120s are working great so far and I'm happy with the fan curves I've dialed in using the ASUS software. Chassis temps and CPU temps have gone down a bit and more importantly are staying down which I like. I'm glad these things are PWM though, they are horribly loud and full speed. They move quite a bit of air though even at slower speeds so I'm happy with them. I think this is as far as I'll take this system and will just ride it as long as I can.