Heat issues on PC case

my son's side panel  was getting very hot due to the GPU(MSI R9 390) blowing the hot air in that direction. So I got a new side panel that has 2 140mm fans. Well the fans were too thick so I go 2 15mm x 140mm fans and only the bottom one will fit because of a case frame bar. My question is should I cover the top side panel hole or leave it open. I have 2 front 140mm fans blowing in, 2 120mm in back blowing out, 1 140mm side panel blowing out and one open side panel hole. I would like to keep the side panel fan blowing out to keep the hot air that comes off my GPU from going back thru my CPU fan. Any suggestions?

It is a  Lian Li PC-A70F. Its so big that I am afraid if I cut the bar it would spring the case and possibly make un-square. It kinda bothers me that Lian Li made a side panel with fan hole that fit that case and didn't consider the upper cross bar

Edited by peshewah

I used to have side fans in my case along with front fans blowing in and rear and top fans blowing out. The temps actually went up about 5 degrees with the side fans running, somehow it screwed up the way the air was  circulating threw the case.