NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The card is pretty impressive no doubt. :)

Also really looking forward to Frank's overclocking article on the card.

Should be quite interesting to see how GPU Boost 3.0 works with being able to set the clocks for each voltage point to squeeze out every last bit of performance :)

Ah the leaked benchmarks wasn't far off. This card will double my FPS going from a 780 Ti. Don't know about buying founders edition if i'm just going to pull the cooler off anyways for watercooling. seems a waste of money.

aUmGx.png

That was last night at 2am! 

:lol: Sounds right.

Ah the leaked benchmarks wasn't far off. This card will double my FPS going from a 780 Ti. Don't know about buying founders edition if i'm just going to pull the cooler off anyways for watercooling. seems a waste of money.

Better to just go with a cheaper AIB partner. Why spend the extra $100 for the reference cooler if you aren't even going to use it?

I agree but it will be interesting to see what blocks are made. Of course the reference will be supported, but the rest is unknown. Usually MSI lighting, Asus DC2 and EVGA cards. But everything else is usually hard to find for waterblocks.

Very impressive card!

For those already running a Titan X or 980 Ti, it doesn't seem worth the money, but for anyone actually in the market for a new GPU, I don't see any reason to get anything but this.