Sign in to follow this  
Bosco

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition Reviewed

That cards a beast!,.. also looking forward to Frank's overclocking results.

BYKSI will release waterblock for the GTX 1080 on May 27 2016 for under $100, http://videocardz.com/59916/byksi-announces-first-waterblock-for-geforce-gtx-1080  I doubt you will need it, temps seem damn good on air cooling.

Edited by Braegnok

It's about 20% better. I don't see the beastness.

Boost clock of 1733MHz out of the box, and I'm guessing 2114MHz OC with 8GB of GDDR5X memory is beastly, ridonkulously fast.  :lol:

It's about 20% better. I don't see the beastness.

Boost clock of 1733MHz out of the box, and I'm guessing 2114MHz OC with 8GB of GDDR5X memory is beastly, ridonkulously fast.  :lol:

Indeed it is. This card wont stay at 2114Mhz but is comfortable at 2050Mhz to 2088Mhz.  At that point 4K is fun.  Going back to playing Doom for a few.

Ah the leaked benchmarks wasn't far off. This card will double my FPS going from a 780 Ti. Don't know about buying founders edition if i'm just going to pull the cooler off anyways for watercooling. seems a waste of money.

If you watch JayzTwoCents and others, you probably won't need water cooling because the card draws a lot less power.

Also, you only need 2 in SLI as more than than 2 will actually degrade game performance.

Hello is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me is there anyone at home... echo echo..

Let me run the client. Any major setup changes in the past 8 months? 

Hello is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me is there anyone at home... echo echo..

Let me run the client. Any major setup changes in the past 8 months? 

I dont think so frank but I am not sure. A bunch at the folding forum wondering what it will do or if it will even work with the current client or we have to wait for stanford to update the client..

I am going to get one if it does well, I just got a 980ti about a month ago..

Edited by road-runner

Sign in to follow this