HD dying or another issue?

Pc specs at bottom. So had a weird problem today and not sure if its the HD or something else on computer. 

As is normal I have my computer hibernate after an hour when not in use. When I went to use it I turned on my screen but the screen didn't detect anything. So the monitor went to sleep. Even my mouse and keyboard didn't light up. I checked my cable, replugged them back in. Had to hold the power button to shut it down. When it restarted it keyboard lit up, mouse was on.... but the screen went to sleep again. So I manually restarted it again. This time I seen the dos-like start up screen as normal. Normally it shows the screen popping up HD1, then HD2...etc. But instead after a few seconds screen went to sleep again. After about 10 seconds the screen went back on and the desktop popped up.

I'm not sure whats going on. No viruses, malware...etc. Maybe it was just a bug? I did check the memory a few months ago and it seemed fine. The video card is a few years old as are the HD's. The motherboard is from at least 7+ years ago. I didn't do a scandisk or defrag yet since I wanted to make this topic first. I did do a SMART test on the HD's and theres a screenshot of one of them. Its Fitness and Performance is at 91% each. Probably nothing to major I assume. I do think the performance was like 97% a few months ago when I checked.

Some of the other data on their I'm not sure how to read. Such as "Value, Worst, Warn". I take it Worst means the number if things are very bad. For example on Reallocated Sector Count it says 200, 200 and 140. Which is my actual number for where its at? 140? Is that good or bad? Lastly the drive shown is my D drive, a secondary. At the time I bought it for 1TB, but now I do not need so much space. I'm only using about 110 gigs. 

So what do you think of everything? Was the bug earlier HD related or elsewhere? What about that one D drive? Thanks and sorry if my post is confusing. Have a brain injury so I'm not great at typing.  

-Quad Core AMD Phenom X4 9750
-ATI RADEON HD 4850 1GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
-1200 Watt Antec Power Supply (yes I need a smaller one I know lol)
-Pegatron M22N7B-LA Motherboard
-8Gb DDR2 Ram (x4 2Gb sticks in 4 slots)
-2x 1TB HD (WD's)
-Heatsink/CPU cooler (temp at 32c)
-CD/DVD-DL Lightsribe writer
-Win 7 64 Home Premium
-Fatality Sound Card (Sound Blaster)

post-143246-0-34562900-1463286069_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem using hibernate with w7, sometimes no video, sometimes drivers don't load , I just think it's a bug with w7. How did I fix it you ask? Simple, I quit using hibernate , I just let the monitor go to sleep after 30 min. As for your hd, in my opinion 140 bad sectors  is not a problem, other people may say different, but if your hd shows it's down to 80% good I would start looking for a new one and just use that one for storage files I could replace easily, not important ones. :D

Run a health test with HD Tune, see what it turns up. It might return some bad sectors, so if it does you might need to replace it sooner rather than later. If it doesn't, see if you can reproduce the issue.

Looks good to me. I'd do a test to be sure (extended self test) but this sounds like you hit a bug in W7 more than anything.

EDIT: maybe I'm reading the values wrong, but that HDD looks nearly brand new! None of the current values are worrisome at all. The warn column is where you get worried, when the current value gets there. None of them are even close (they're decrementing counters).

Hi, this is xfreakazoidx! Forgot I had an older account here! Someone can delete the xfreakazoidx one if you want.

I have the same problem using hibernate with w7, sometimes no video, sometimes drivers don't load , I just think it's a bug with w7. How did I fix it you ask? Simple, I quit using hibernate , I just let the monitor go to sleep after 30 min. As for your hd, in my opinion 140 bad sectors  is not a problem, other people may say different, but if your hd shows it's down to 80% good I would start looking for a new one and just use that one for storage files I could replace easily, not important ones. :D

Yeah I turned off hibernate now. I only started using it recently to converse power so my electric bill would be cheaper. But my bill didn't appear to change but a few cents. Thankfully this drive is just a storage drive. Only like 5 games on it that I don't care if I lose. Mostly use it to download stuff to. I did notice since I started using the hibernate in the first place that the D drive seem to have issues more. Its also where I stream stuff from to our Rokus in the house. 

Run a health test with HD Tune, see what it turns up. It might return some bad sectors, so if it does you might need to replace it sooner rather than later. If it doesn't, see if you can reproduce the issue.

Looks good to me. I'd do a test to be sure (extended self test) but this sounds like you hit a bug in W7 more than anything.

EDIT: maybe I'm reading the values wrong, but that HDD looks nearly brand new! None of the current values are worrisome at all. The warn column is where you get worried, when the current value gets there. None of them are even close (they're decrementing counters).

Yep ran some tests and everything looks good. The D drive is only maybe 2 years old if that. Overnight I did do a defrag of D but it won't let me run a scandisk. It says it has to "Force a dismount" but when I click ok to do that nothing happens. I try again to scandisk and it asks if I want to dismount. Not sure what to do. I also need to go into my BIOS, I read something about a saftey feature on the WD hds that let you know when theres a big problem. I haven't been in my BIOS in at least 10+ years.