I had a feeling I should've waited for Pascal.

Today (Wednesday) was micro centor for the evga ftw 980 ti. Yesterday was Newegg evga (something). Ebay I've found the kingpin 980 ti for $400 lol

Gotta keep an eye out. I mostly check slickdeals

I play at 3840x2160. In the future I would like to get a true 4k monitor(4096x2160) like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3434537&cm_re=4k_monitor-_-24-025-105-_-ProductPretty much every game does run at 60 fps mostly maxed settings. I just got Witcher 3 and I am holding off on playing it since I can not maintain 60 fps. I get 30-40 fps on it. It really is a gorgeous game.

I have a feeling that the 256 bit interface on the GTX1080 might be holding it back at 4K. I'd bet it's only a 10% increase at 4K but let's see. 

I think we're likely only looking at minimal 4K improvements with Pascal,..10% perhaps but only on games with DirectX 12 Async Compute, or code written asynchronously.

Pascal should be faster at Async Compute compared to Maxwell,.. with Pascal's new hardware scheduler,.. Although how much faster exactly no one knows yet.

But we gonna find out after May 17  :yes:

Edited by Braegnok

I've been waiting for pascal to come out for some time now I bought a 280x at a great deal to hold me over since I was still using the 4850x2 that I won from here (thank you again btw for that awesome card). kinda at a stand still do I go with 980ti sli or 1080 and wait till the 1080ti comes out ( if it does) and pick a second one up when the price drops a little. guess I'll just wait and see what kind of deals I can get.

man 980ti in sli sounds pretty good but dx12 is starting to pick up this year and if i go sli i wouldn't upgrade for another 4 years or so. so either get two 980ti's or 1 1080.

The 980 Ti supports DX 12.