I had a feeling I should've waited for Pascal.

Hi guys. I had a feeling when I was building my system to wait for Pascal. Nvidia just  confirmed the GTX 1080 as selling for $699 with 8gb of VRAM and it will be faster than SLI 980's. So my question is should I just get another 980 ti Classified for SLI or get a GTX 1080 then sell my 980 ti use the money I get from that to buy a 2nd 1080 for SLI?

It depends on how much you can get for your 980Ti,.. the 1080 is going to set you back $700 so if you can get $400 for current card,.. then I would sell it quick, and go with the single 1080 for just three hundred out of pocket.

It depends on how much you can get for your 980Ti,.. the 1080 is going to set you back $700 so if you can get $400 for current card,.. then I would sell it quick, and go with the single 1080 for just three hundred out of pocket.

Well I spent $680 for the 980 1 1/2 months ago. I think I should be able to get $500-550 out of it.

as always, it depends.  What resolution, and are you dropping below 60fps in your favorite games?

I play at 3840x2160. In the future I would like to get a true 4k monitor(4096x2160) like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3434537&cm_re=4k_monitor-_-24-025-105-_-ProductPretty much every game does run at 60 fps mostly maxed settings. I just got Witcher 3 and I am holding off on playing it since I can not maintain 60 fps. I get 30-40 fps on it. It really is a gorgeous game.

I've seen retailers selling the 980 ti for $450 today. SO thats a good deal if you don't want to invest in the new cards. Who knows if the 1070 is actually going to be faster than the 980 ti. if it is, than $450 isn't the bang for the buck it could have been.

Is it any surprise that the new card will be pretty much exactly 2x the previous? Each time there's new technology that will be soo much better, and talks of it being soo much better, and it is....but it's always 2x the previous. haha they know exactly how to milk it

I've seen retailers selling the 980 ti for $450 today. SO thats a good deal if you don't want to invest in the new cards. Who knows if the 1070 is actually going to be faster than the 980 ti. if it is, than $450 isn't the bang for the buck it could have been.

$450 where?!