GPU Overheats

I'll downgrade the video card drivers.  The three main times the screen goes black or the computer simply restarts is;

a) Copying large Files to a NAS

b) Copying large files to a USB Drive

c) Idle (random)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know anyone that would let you try their psu , if that solved the problem then you'd know a new psu is the cure. I will say it seems like a psu problem but afaulty cpu could cause it also. Are you using ( open hardware monitor) because that program will usually show voltages.

The 12v and also the 5 and the 3 volts if it shows them and run the pc with the program open so you can compare the differences, if you can show a screen shot of open hardware running, make sure you click view in the program and check show minimum and max voltages and temps.

When doing a system backup which copies the file to a NAS roughly 11% into it the backup software stops, although I can start lighter programs but in general the computer is not very responsive.  The reads out from HWinfo when idle and on load are almost the same; I'm going to do a memory test because as mentioned it's either PSU or possible RAM.  My guess is, there isn't enough power to write to the NAS.  Unless it's simply the backup software, that doesn't explain the random black screens, that are truly random. I've done video encoded without any problems; any accurate guesses or maybe answers as to what it can be ?

IDLE

IDLE_Voltage.jpg

LOAD (Backup-to-NAS)

NAS_LOAD.jpg

I can't retrieve from what I know +12 volt readings.  I can't rule out what it may be; either PSU or RAM, or nothing hardware related but I think it's hardware related. What would cause copying a file to a NAS to freeze the computer ?