The Beast Begins!

F13Bubba

Hey Y'all! So I entered a contest from Cooler Master for a new gaming computer, and holy hell, I WON! It's been a few months, but the parts are finally arriving, so I thought I'd throw a build log up on here.

Specs are as follows

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5

i7-5930K
Asus x99 Mobo
32gb HyperX Fury DDR4
Master Air Maker 8
V850 PSU

ASUS Strix 960 
HyperX Savage 240gb SSD x2
Quickfire XTI Keyboard
Sentinel III mouse

Pretty sweet rig! 

I was informed that 1/3 of the parts would be shipped from Taiwan, with the rest coming from the US. Then I got an email last night telling me the tracking info, and the Taiwan parts came today!

Comp%201_zpsq9liheb4.jpg

Time for some unboxing!

Comp%202_zpsqwhqrykk.jpg

So the mobo, cooler, keyboard, and GPU are here. Now, you may notice, as I did, that there's a 970 there not a 960....SWEET! I'm definitely not complaining about an unexpected upgrade. I can't wait for the rest of the parts to get here, and to start building the beast!

Question: I'm considering selling the air cooler, and picking up an H100. Thoughts?

Should be a few degree drop, potentially more depending on mode, with the H100i. Might as well.

Question: I'm considering selling the air cooler, and picking up an H100. Thoughts?

Should be a few degree drop, potentially more depending on mode, with the H100i. Might as well.

And I won't be putting the strain of this beast on the mobo. Let's just hope I can get it sold.

Edited by F13Bubba

Question: I was considering an AIO water cooler solution, but after some research, my paranoia about it leaking and destroying this beautiful card I can't afford to replace combined with the fact that I don't intend to OC the cpu makes me lean toward an air cooler. Considering the size and weight of this cooler, I'm looking to buy something else. I've always been happy with my 212+, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Question: I was considering an AIO water cooler solution, but after some research, my paranoia about it leaking and destroying this beautiful card I can't afford to replace combined with the fact that I don't intend to OC the cpu makes me lean toward an air cooler. Considering the size and weight of this cooler, I'm looking to buy something else. I've always been happy with my 212+, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Funny you just happened to win an AIO cooler. lol.

Funny you just happened to win an AIO cooler. lol.

Originally it was supposed to be the Nepton 240L, but they changed to their massive air cooler. I ended up buying a Noctua U-12s (I think I meant to get the 14, whoops lol), and I'm selling the Masterair Maker. 

Edited by F13Bubba