Hello from ModMic Staff Member, Joe

AAJoe

So, today I decided to finally make an OCC account. I used the site many times to help pick gear up for my rig, but two weeks ago I was brought on as the digital marketing director here at Antlion Audio - makers of the Modmic.

Ideally you've heard of us already, plenty of people have said kind things about us on the forums, but short version is we make a mic that simply snaps onto any pair of headphones you already own, potentially creating the ultimate gaming (or recording) headphones.

Hopefully should items come up in forums I can answer I'll be able to dive right in. We're a small but growing company and I really believe in personal service.

That said, I'm not here just to sell stuff :) I'm an avid gamer/tech lover. I've been sucked into the terrible world of Europa Universalis 4 lately, and my Steam account says I have wasted only 134 hours there so far... and have not yet purchased the DLCs. So in short, at the moment my long time girlfriend and 2 dogs are being ignored... but you know, life is about choices!

Prior to joining Antlion I owned the longest running indie game marketing company in the world, we worked on some great games like Guns of Icarus and To the Moon as well as studios like Spiderweb Software and Klei Entertainment.

If you have questions about what it is like working behind the scenes of games, about the Modmic, or want me to post pictures of my the dogs - feel free to ask :)

-Joe

As promised, pictures of the dogs!

Max & Puma (Max is the little one)

Thanks for all the hellos. Maybe one day I'll get away from this blasted 1 post per 24 hour restriction :D

post-143152-0-54330300-1458175859_thumb.jpg

post-143152-0-60983200-1458175864_thumb.jpg

post-143152-0-17912700-1458175870_thumb.jpg

Ah, so that's where the classic Waco-screaming-into-headset photo originated! :lol:

Welcome to the nuthouse, Joe!

Wish you created an account when you were still at that marketing company so you could have helped me get a job at one of those studios! lol.

But on a more recent note, that modmic review is from 2012; i think it needs a refresh ;)

@claymeow & @Waco I may have a mildly ulterior motive of finding someone who's interested in doing an updated review for the ModMic 4.0 :D

Is there a 'standard' way to make that happen?

Also, here's another pic of the dogs :D My girlfriend insisted on having more with Max in them. (Yes, that's his full size, all 6 lbs). Please disregard the messy back yard... it's Oregon and rainy season, so ... you know, its basically a giant puddle. I could probably grow rice.

post-143152-0-86631200-1458321741_thumb.jpg

Edited by AAJoe

@claymeow & @Waco I may have a mildly ulterior motive of finding someone who's interested in doing an updated review for the ModMic 4.0 :D

Is there a 'standard' way to make that happen?

All review inquiries should go through bosco (Dave).  :thumbsup: