Annual OCC Contest Thread

bp9801

No one is forcing you to enter.

No one is forcing you to write a stupid answer. Yet you did. :)

Really, I don't understand the responses. I thought people would be happy to get another chance at an item if I don't want it, but it looks like people are annoyed that I'm not selfish. If that's the general consensus, and you'd much rather that I get the prize and sell it than give you a chance to win it, then that's a convincing enough argument that it's not worth giving it back.

Edited by ET3D

No one is forcing you to enter.

No one is forcing you to write a stupid answer. Yet you did. :)

Really, I don't understand the responses. I thought people would be happy to get another chance at an item if I don't want it, but it looks like people are annoyed that I'm not selfish. If that's the general consensus, and you'd much rather that I get the prize and sell it than give you a chance to win it, then that's a convincing enough argument that it's not worth giving it back.

Nobody is saying what you're claiming they're saying.

This contest takes months and months of time and effort. The random drawing is the easiest and most fair way of making it successful. If you wish to give up your prize (or sell it) should you not want it, that's up to you. :cheers:

So what are you saying, they should draw individually for each contestant and only award prizes that they want ? Last year I won games I either had or did not want to play so I let BP know and they were given to people who did want them,sure I would have loved to win a new ssd but it's a contest and it's the luck of the draw and you win what you win.

So what are you saying, they should draw individually for each contestant and only award prizes that they want ? Last year I won games I either had or did not want to play so I let BP know and they were given to people who did want them,sure I would have loved to win a new ssd but it's a contest and it's the luck of the draw and you win what you win.

Precisely. Sometimes you win something you need, sometimes you don't. Just how it is in every contest. Maybe you enter something needing/wanting a specific prize, but you don't get that. Accept the prize and find a way to use it, sell it, give it to a friend/family member, or decline it.

I won some games last year as well. I don't game a lot anymore, so I told them to redraw so someone else here could enjoy them. Not a big deal. I was actually just happy I won something for once.

• Like 1

I won some games last year as well. I don't game a lot anymore, so I told them to redraw so someone else here could enjoy them. Not a big deal. I was actually just happy I won something for once.

That's precisely what I said I'd do. Not sure why some people had a problem with it.

So what are you saying, they should draw individually for each contestant and only award prizes that they want ?

I offered a suggestion. It can be easily automated and will give people a better chance to win something they want. I can explain it more fully, but I think that if you go back and read it you'll understand it.

Probably no point in implementing it this time, as we're too near the end of the competition, but perhaps it could be considered for next time.